A Pic Of My Nano.

how hot does this light get?

the light cover gets hot cos its so close to the lamp, the glass I ordered is tempered to high wattage light spec and its goin to cover the hole light. When I had the light on the tank the temp didnt rise much but the only thing is goin to be the evap rate without a hood on... so that brings in the ATO that Im buzy with right now, the tank/sump is done and I only need to wire the level switch and control box all up and give it a test in the bath...o' and get a pump, thinking of a NJ 400/600.

Sounds good. Just saw it, do you have to leave your lid up like that all the time now, or did you take it off?

Sounds good. Just saw it, do you have to leave your lid up like that all the time now, or did you take it off?

I took it off cos my cat wants to take a swim... :angry: he's walking on thin ice. Yes so I had white egg-crate on there but it reflects too much... got the black egg-crate in the mail today so thing can go futher and the cat can.... swim somewhere else :angry: I would like to have the crate cut to size, the moonlights fitted to the light, the ATO finished and the external filter ready so all of it can go on the same weekend. :shifty:

so I found some black crate after turning every rock over...they call it filter grid and it sells for a quarter the price as the white crate in the fish section on "fleabay". I have cut some of the squares out so they bigger for more light to get down in the tank and the best part is that the cat can take a walk over it... he licked the fixture and woow thats f*%"g hot! so now he's a bit touch and go to get on the tank now :rofl: but Im sure he'll be back for another.

DSC01741.jpg

Here's a pic of my nano, Its been wet for nearly 4 weeks now. I have 1x cleaner shrimp, 1x real peppermint shrimp, 4x turbo snails, 1x nassarius snail, 1x sand shifting starfish and 1x small crab (white with black clippers) :rolleyes:

DSC01436.jpg
nice tank :good:

Very nice, you thought about getting a surface skimmer ?

Thanks mate... I have a surface skimmer, an SRS Select-A-Flow skimmer that works with my protien skimmer in chamber 1. It controls the water level in the main tank and clear all the muck off the surface. Great additions to a Nano tank.

Most reactions

Back