A Pic Of My Nano.

How do you keep your sand so clear ? I have a nano tank thats 4 weeks in as well and my cleanup crew is great on the rock but not on the sand.

Is it your sand sifter or Nassarius snail that is keeping it so clean?

Lovly aquascape BTW, mines just a big pile of rocks at the moment :-=)

How do you keep your sand so clear ? I have a nano tank thats 4 weeks in as well and my cleanup crew is great on the rock but not on the sand.

The sand shifter (starfish) is really active, he like to sail over the sand and then finds a spot to sinks into the sand...sit for 20min and off he goes again. I also recon the Rowaphos bag between the sponges works quite well. The snail is a bit lazy he's been sitting in the same corner for about a week now...moves about an inch a day.

The sand shifter (starfish) is really active, he like to sail over the sand and then finds a spot to sinks into the sand...sit for 20min and off he goes again. I also recon the Rowaphos bag between the sponges works quite well. The snail is a bit lazy he's been sitting in the same corner for about a week now...moves about an inch a day.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll get a sand sifter and a couple more turbos then.

Good luck with the tank it looks great

Thank you, you should load some pics of your progress.
Cheers

So the Skunk jumped out of his suite.... I thought he died and his body was stuck on the reef :-( , next thing his feelers popped out the back of the reef and he was all show :good:

DSC01454.jpg

Well my shrimp is my shrimp, he's part of the team now so no dropping out! :friends:

Oh sure Losi, its an old SONY DSC-V3 7.2Mp it has lots of manual setting and the quality it great, zoom is only 4x but hey... it works.

Here's a pic of some Turtle grass in my aquarium and a little Red Sea Xenia on the left.

DSC01457.jpg

Its even better from where I sit :drinks: . I also added a Gobu and a Pistol shrimp, the Goby is checking everything out like he's ready to buy.

The Pistor shrimp been real buzy digging away I can only see the back of his cave where the sand pile is.

4 weeks after adding rocks and you're putting corals in? Bad idea.

You are going to fast IMO.

Certainly way too soon to have a starfish in there (missed that first time I posted in the thread), if there ever IS a good time...

Most reactions

Back