A Pic Of My Nano.

4 weeks after adding rocks and you're putting corals in? Bad idea.

You are going to fast IMO.

Certainly way too soon to have a starfish in there (missed that first time I posted in the thread), if there ever IS a good time...

The starfish is doing just fine in there, he's active and is doing a great job keeping the sand clean. According to what I've been reading and most forums Im ok with 1-2 small frag pieces like I have in there for the time its been wet.

Here's some new pics of my aquarium 7-8 weeks.

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

Hiya mate

The tank is looking very impressive! and glad to hear everything is going well!

I've been looking into getting one or two of the koralia powerheads so i am releived to hear a good report from someone who is giving them a whirl!

Whats the tank size and lighting your using mate?

Lee

Hiya mate

The tank is looking very impressive! and glad to hear everything is going well!

I've been looking into getting one or two of the koralia powerheads so i am releived to hear a good report from someone who is giving them a whirl!

Whats the tank size and lighting your using mate?

Lee

Thanks guy's, that Koralia is great and you can angle it any way you like and also it sits on upto 15mm glass. The tank is a 24g ORCA its identical to a NanoCube 24g the only difference is the lights where the NC has 2x36W and this comes with 1x24W. I upgraded mine from 24W CF T5 to (2x 36W + 1x 24W) all CF T5 that fits in the hood. The only thing is my 2 Clowns are trying to assasin my Firefish, they chase the poor thing like mad so Im thinking of taking him or the 2 Clowns back to the shop.

Here's an updated pic of my tank, I added a new fish and some coral. Im thinking of adding some more LR to fill the back of the tank but not sure if its a good idea... will it be ok or how will the cycle process work with a set tank?

DSC01516.jpg

Your tank looks beautiful! Nice firefish, I miss mine :( Also, is that a Percula or Ocellaris clown and has he decided to host anything?

Thanks afmo, I agree those Firefish are nice but its a pitty that the 2 Ocellaris Clownfish cant leave him alone. They bully him all day long so he hides most of the day. They have a little spot in the front right corner that they like to hang-out and always return to it after a "Firefish-chase". I thought that when I put the Royal Gramma in that the bullying will stop but no go, so I might give the a Clowns or the Fire fish away to a new home and only have 1 Maroon Clown with the others.

Its been a while and some fish had to move out... the bully Clowns, terrible twins. My Royal Gramma passed away the other day for an unknown reason :sad: and the 2 little Yellow Clown Gobies that I put in there both commited suicide by jumping into the rear filter, so no more new fish for a while. I still have the Firefish that has a wound from messing with the Pistolshrimp and a Wrasse thats quite a funny caracter, he like to have a staring competition when you go close. Heres a few new pics

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

thanks guys, some times things just go wrong and you have to look at the bright side...installed my Shaphire Aquatic skimmer today, will tell the story later but heres a pic to think about it :fish:

DSC01651.jpg

I have to say that is a well set up Nano Tank and the Corals look awesome :good: I am sorry for your loss. It is so bad when you lose one of your fishes. Like the time my male swordtail of 4 years died. Well hope the next fishes you get live for many years to come

Yip hope the one's I have now will last, this are warming up here and wonder whats a good way to cool the water down...thats with out spending tooo much cash?

Most reactions

Back