75gal. Tank, How Many Piranhas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sryan0609

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey
i have a 75 gallon tank, and well i was just wondering how many red-bellied piranhas i can have in it. I want as many as possible with out it being too much.
So any advice???

More fish the more filtration you will need, I assume your aware you will need mega filtration?Id say 4,possibly 6 depending on filtration.

okay well if i have enough filtration for a 100 gallon tank and i have a 75 gal. tank, than how many you think i can get?

You dont have enough filtration imo. You want to be hitting minimum 4x the tank capacity an hour for piranha's, especially with a shoal. Id say 4 due to that, and try and get extra filtration, red's are very messy fish.

okay well if i have enough filtration for a 100 gallon tank and i have a 75 gal. tank, than how many you think i can get?

You dont have enough filtration imo. You want to be hitting minimum 4x the tank capacity an hour for piranha's, especially with a shoal. Id say 4 due to that, and try and get extra filtration, red's are very messy fish.

what kind of filtration would you suggest?

what kind of filtration would you suggest?

External's that will give a mimimum of 4x turnover of the tank capacity an hour.Look into Eheim filters of fluval for example the fx5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back