65l Setup & Stocking With Pics

srem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Having just grabbed myself a bargain upgrade for £11 on ebay, I thought I'd share my setup experience and take advantage of everyone's advice whilst stocking.
Here is my first pic, it's AquaOne 500, so thats 65L with 22W lighting. Looking forward to getting this setup complete over the coming weekend.

Thanks for now,
S

IMAGE_066.jpg

Hi everyone,

Having just grabbed myself a bargain upgrade for £11 on ebay, I thought I'd share my setup experience and take advantage of everyone's advice whilst stocking.
Here is my first pic, it's AquaOne 500, so thats 65L with 22W lighting. Looking forward to getting this setup complete over the coming weekend.

Thanks for now,
S

IMAGE_066.jpg

Wow that was a bargain. What you gonna keep in there? Would make a great planted shrimp tank.

not sure what fish to get, would quite like german blue rams or bolivian rams. and have always wanted cardinal tetras. also cherry shrimp sound good ye. open to recommendations! i liked harlequin rasbora that i used to have
will 22w be enough light for planted? i had trouble with 15w in previous tank.
thanks

nice bargain you have there!

you cant keep rams as they need 20 gallons minimum =(

i have seen someone on here keep just a pair of cockatoo cichlids :)

a pair of cockatoo cichilid, 10 cardinals, 1 bristlenose pleco and cherry shrimp. plant it well and that would be a stunning setup. :good:

a pair of cockatoo cichilid, 10 cardinals, 1 bristlenose pleco and cherry shrimp. plant it well and that would be a stunning setup. :good:

thanks for the ideas, i havnt seen cockatoo cichilids before so will look into it

black backing in:

Attachments

• IMAGE_069.jpg
    IMAGE_069.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 54
finally got my proper camera out and got a better pic.
can anyone recommend planting? was thinking of just getting 25 plants for £5 on ebay

Attachments

• DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 88
Very nice tank.

thanks, unfortunately i have been away for the weekend so no progress made. might get down to pets in town cos i think they open late. so anyone got feedback for these ebay plants or am i ok to go ahead and order?

link to 25 plants on ebay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very nice tank.

thanks, unfortunately i have been away for the weekend so no progress made. might get down to pets in town cos i think they open late. so anyone got feedback for these ebay plants or am i ok to go ahead and order?

link to 25 plants on ebay

Hi m8 seems ok, however you do know these will be 25 individual stems not actually 25 bunches, i made this mistake a long time ago and never again lol.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back