5.5 Gallon Nano Update: 2-18-07: End Of The Road

Would it be possible to push the ferris wheel with my internal filter since I can adjust the outflow, it's the same one as george farmer had in his nano for a bit I think and if I did that I might be able to have co2 and would a 10w bulb be enough over a 5.5 gallon tank? :/

Thanks

Austin

checking to see if this works

Does that work anybody, I'm trying to make a drawing of how I'd like the tank so far, I just figured it out. Let me know if that works and if it's too big or something I'm using paint.

Thanks

Austin

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 40
Ok though if it's too expensive I'll probably just stick to going to the two hobby/craft shops by me that carry miniture people, fences etc. does the Picture work for you, it seems to work for me, if it works I'll make it more detailed as what I hope to achieve.

Thanks for the link but currently it doesn't look like they have any fences that I want in stock and won't be getting any till jan. and I can probably get some fences for cheaper near me but if I need anything and can't find it I'll check that out but I'd rather just buy it here, easier to return if it doesn't turn out the way I want it.

Ya I realized that after i figured out how to upload it or whatever, originally I made it larger than it said it was too big then I realized I had to save it as a jpg so as soon as I get some time hopefully tonight I'll make it more detailed and larger.

I use imageshack and you can make it as big as you want then resize it on their site picking the 680 /480 opition is good

Ok but I'll just make it bigger on paint, I'm doing it right now hopefully I can finish it, thanks for the help, if this doesn't work then I'll do what you said but it hsould work since I had tons of space left after I got the attachment uploaded.

Cheers

Austin

Ok here's the hopeful layout of the tank:
grey strip:ferris wheel
red dots: marimo balls riding the seats?
Dark brown: path made out of pebbles or slate or something natural
Redish strip: another ride if I can find one
Light brown strip: some sort of food or vending area given I can find one, if i find more than one I'll put more around that area
Dark green: cambomba or hornwort haven't decided
Light green: anarchis
Light blue: is the filter pushing the ferris wheel so I'm not using air bubbles
Dark blue: is the heater hidden

Notice space behind the rides to give bending room so it doens't get caught on the ride. I might put a fence of some sort by the path or along the tall plants to give a wooded feel not sure yet though. I'm not familiar with any good small bush to small tree like plants so if I'm doing my research now and if anybody has any ideas for them let me know.

Comments, critisism etc. welcomed. :good:

Cheers

Austin

Attachments

• tank_2.JPG
    tank_2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 37
Did you measure the size of the tank and the props? That helps a lot when planning the layout.

I think the filter could easily blast the marimo balls off the seats.

For the road, you could try slate for the actual road, and pebbles to outline it.

Marimos do sorta look like bushes. I've also seen them attached to the tip of a driftwood to imitate a tree. Mosses attached to a rock can also look like bushes.

I think it's 18" long but not sure how deep, I'm going to try to go up this weekend and possibly get it or at least see the measurements. Yes this is why i'm going to expierement with the filter and see if it works, may or may not if it doesn't i'll put in the air bubbles but i'd rather be able to have co2. Yes I'm going to look around with slate though I'm not sure if I can get it the size I want without sharp edges so I might have to sand them down. Yes I'll try marimo balls for bushes, any other ideas anybody?

Austin

Just a quick update, this will be delayed as I no longer have somebody buying my 2.5 gallon tank and I have to wait till I sell it before I can puchase the 5.5.

Ok so xmass in a few days I might get a giftcard to a lfs that has 5.5's on sale since I can't sell my 2.5 gallon yet. Anyways I found some fences. Their 18" long and a inch high, I have two. They are white and made out of wood, hopefully that's not a problem, they are picket fences. I got them at a craft store since it was going out of buisness and tried to find some popsicle sticks to make a building but they didn't have any. I'll also sand down the fence so it won't cut any fish.

My few questions
Can I use superglue with popsicle sticks to make buildings?
Can I use non-toxic acrylic paint to paint the buildings?

Thanks

Austin

I wouldn't use superglue, as a believe is contains cyanide, or a derivative. Probably a very small amount, but if superglue is heated it gives of a potentially dangrerous stinging gas. This is from medical advice I had following a personal experience. :X

Most reactions

Back