380L Malawi Setup

Very nice :good: More pics. PLEEEEZ!!!! :lol:
:fish:
:lol: :lol:

Not got any different pics yet, will have next week when I get my new camera though :hey: :lol:

Another couple of vids:

BEAUTIFUL! :D

I'd be able to sit and watch them all day :wub:

Great looking fish, Lisa!
wub.gif

Is that a sp.44 Hap (like "markandhisfish" has) that I saw do a couple of sand flicks towards the end of the first new clip?

Great looking fish, Lisa!
wub.gif

Is that a sp.44 Hap (like "markandhisfish" has) that I saw do a couple of sand flicks towards the end of the first new clip?

Hi Goat :)

Thanks B-)
Yes it is an sp.44 like Mark has, a couple of the fish have flicked a few times but I think it could be because they came from bare bottomed tanks and have never been in a tank with sand. Possible irritation but I`m keeping an eye on them and doing regular good water changes ;)

Great fish & tank :good:
Your topic has caused me so much pain though as i dont have the room for a big tank to do this myself :shout: hahaa!!

So what do you prefer now you have both tang and malawi lisa? :lol:

Great fish & tank :good:
Your topic has caused me so much pain though as i dont have the room for a big tank to do this myself :shout: hahaa!!

So what do you prefer now you have both tang and malawi lisa? :lol:

I would apologise.......but I`m not sorry so I won`t :lol: :lol:

I can`t honestly say I prefer one over the other :no:
The Malawi are colourful and interesting in their own way but the Tangs are more interesting the way they interact with each other. The Tangs will also colour up as they mature too so I really couldn`t prefer one over the other :good:

wow that is a very nice looking tank the build quality looks fantastic :good:

wow that is a very nice looking tank the build quality looks fantastic :good:

The quality of the oak tanks is fantastic :good: :good:

Very nice :good: More pics. PLEEEEZ!!!! :lol:
:fish:

You asked for them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sunset male
IMG_0856.jpg

Labidochromis caeruleus
IMG_0959-1.jpg

hap sp.44
IMG_0957.jpg

Sunset pair
IMG_0918.jpg

neon spot
IMG_0961.jpg

jacobfreibergi colour select pair
IMG_0905.jpg

Well I`ve recently had a right nightmare with the Malawi tank :hyper:

I tested my water one morning last week and the nitrites were off the chart! My male Jacobfreibergi was looking really bad, he was listless, floating onto his side and gasping like mad, I really thought he was going to die :shout:

So, a 90% water change and another test which still showed the nitrites to be 0.50, then a couple of hours later another 90% water change at which point the levels were down to 0.25. By this time it was 2.15 in the morning and I had to go to bed, (bearing in mind it`s a 389L tank it took a while to do the water changes even though I`m now using a home made python) so I added some more media from the FX5 on the Tang tank and hoped for the best :unsure:

I came down in the morning and Jacob had moved behind some rocks but was moving around more. I did another 50% water change and within an hour or so Jacob was out and about a bit more.
Since then he`s improved massively and he`s definitely got his va va voom back, he and his female are constantly getting jiggy with each other :D :D
I`ve tested the water every day since last week and everything seems to have stablised, nitrites are 0, ammonia 0, nitrates at approx 40 (40 from tap).

As the levels are now stable I`ve ordered a few more fish which are due to be delivered on Tuesday. 6 socolofi, pair of Taiwan reef and 3 male OB Fire. Will post pics once they`ve settled in :)

Bad news but then good news! :good:

It's a good job you care for Jacob or he would be a goner!

I`d have been really gutted if the Jacob had died but luckily a couple of really good water changes sorted things out :good:

New fish tomorrow!! :kana: :kana:

Glad you have it sorted :good:
How long did each water change take? i think doing 20% is bad enough :lol:

Most reactions

Back