380L Malawi Setup

Glad you have it sorted :good:
How long did each water change take? i think doing 20% is bad enough :lol:

It took me hours.....I`m just glad I don`t have to do such large water changes very often :crazy:

My new additions that I received this morning:

Taiwan Reef Male:
IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Taiwan Reef Female:
IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

OB Fire:
IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

Socolofi:
IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

As of course my Gorgeous Jacob Male had to be included again too:
IMG_1284.jpg
[/quote]

Love them , they are very nice indeed, pics. are excellent, you must be very pleased with them :good:

looking fantastic . ive been eyeing up those taiwan reefs myself , they look fantastic :good:

Thanks Mark :good:

They are lovely but very, very skittish. :crazy: Tony did warn me that because they tend to thrash around while in transit they sometimes get a white film over their eyes, it`s kind of like giving themselves a black eye but for me not to worry.
I wouldn`t mind so much but I can`t go near the back door without the male jumping a mile and shooting across the tank. He knocked himself yesterday morning and actually stunned himself......I`m terrified he`s going to do some serious damage to himself the way he`s going. The female however seems to be a lot more confident but then I`ve found that with all of the Peacocks, the males are right wusses compared to the females :lol: :lol:

lol yeah my female malauna is probably the most outgoing fish in the tank . im hoping shes due to spit any time soon , shes still holding and refusing food . shes starting to lose weight now

Hope she does spit soon otherwise she`ll waste away :blink:

My Jacobs and Sunsets have been giving it some welly but no actual result yet I don`t think, not sure I`d know if the females were holding anyway :unsure:

I`m sure they`ll get there eventually though :lol: :lol:

youl see easily enough if theyre holding . their mouths will be notably bulging , the throat area particularly ( i think its called the buccal cavity ?) and they will stop feeding .

my male jacob still keeps trying to impress the female with no luck . how could she resist that gorgeous showy dorsal fin :lol:

youl see easily enough if theyre holding . their mouths will be notably bulging , the throat area particularly ( i think its called the buccal cavity ?) and they will stop feeding .

my male jacob still keeps trying to impress the female with no luck . how could she resist that gorgeous showy dorsal fin :lol:

Hmm, then I`d have to say that they`re not holding yet, I`m sure they`ll be getting the job done properly soon and I don`t think the males are complaining at the practising. The Jacob female makes me laugh when the male is flicking and swirling above her, he moves so hard and so quickly that he makes her jump bless her :lol: :lol:

Oh my gosh your fish are BEAUTIFUL! And your tank set up is amazing!
I'm nowhere near experienced enough for that kind of tank yet, but you can bet once I am I'm going to make it a serious goal of mine!

Congrats, really...I've been reading this thread with my mouth hanging open!

Oh my gosh your fish are BEAUTIFUL! And your tank set up is amazing!
I'm nowhere near experienced enough for that kind of tank yet, but you can bet once I am I'm going to make it a serious goal of mine!

Congrats, really...I've been reading this thread with my mouth hanging open!

Thanks very much B-)

I'm extremely happy with the setup except for the ocean rock to be honest, I just couldn't find slate at a decent price so used the surplus ocean rock from my Tang setup :/

I wouldn't class myself as majorly experienced, I started with a 35L tank with guppies and mollies about 2-3 years ago then upgraded to a 180L tropical tank before then setting up the 380L tangs and Malawi tanks. The Malawi are generally pretty hardy fish and are easier and definitely more pleasing than tropicals, I love the tangs too :nod:

Mark also has a nice Malawi setup, he used slate in his, his journal is a good read:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/351463-100-ukg-malawi-madness/

Tanks and fish looking lovely, :good:
Maybe theres something in all this Malawi mallarky :lol: ,colours are amazing, very tempting :good:
Job well done, are you adding any more ? No more tanks for a while ? :lol:

Tanks and fish looking lovely, :good:
Maybe theres something in all this Malawi mallarky :lol: ,colours are amazing, very tempting :good:
Job well done, are you adding any more ? No more tanks for a while ? :lol:

As much as I love my Tangs, the Malawis are very colourful, it`s nice to get such colour without having to turn to the salty side :nod:
My cyps are starting to colour up more now, they`re beginning to get a nice purple sheen to their bodies and there`s a bit more yellow and blue on their fins now too :D

There won`t be any more fish for a while, hubby had his choice in the first lot of 28 then I pushed it with him being away and ordered 12 more :blush: :lol: :lol: The tank looks much better with the extra 12 and it seems to have really brought some of the shy ones out more which is great but enough is enough......well, for now anyway ;) :lol:

Most reactions

Back