300 Litre Oak Tank From Maiden Head

nickl77

Reaction score
Hi guys was considering purchasing a 300 litre oak tank from maidenhead aquatic, think it's about £1000 do you guys have any suggestion for stocking the tank or any ideas as at present I have got a very small 30 litre tank with some guppies, my new tank is going to be a centre piece in my house so really want it to look plush so any ideas what to do would be very helpful. Speak soon nick.

That is quite expensive for a 300 litre tank. Where abouts are you based?

That is quite expensive for a 300 litre tank. Where abouts are you based?
Hi there hope your ok it's one of these fancy oak units with draws and cupboards any stocking ideas for me live in london

I guess that it is at least 4 foot long? If so, your options would be pretty good. What kind of fish do you like, tetras, barbs, cichlids, catfish? Do you want a planted tank?

Quite like planted tank but is it quite hard to keep real plants ?

Would really like a couple big fish ? To show the tank off any suggestions

Before I got my Cichlids, I used to have a planted tank with Vallis (straight and twisted), Crypts and Amazonian Swords. I personally did not use any hi tech equipment such as CO2 and found that they grew well. Others prefer to dose with CO2 and ferts to keep it all growing lush. Now I just have Java Moss and Anubis in my Shrimp tanks which grow matter what you do to them! You would be best posting in the plants section for info on good starter plants :good:

The kind of plants you keep can determine the kind of fish which you can keep. For example I can not really have plants in my main tank as my Severum eats them and my JD pulls them up. Some other fish also like higher PH's which can limit your choice of plants. I would visit all of your LFS's with a pad and write down the fish you like, then research them on the net.

Welcome to the forum :good:.. I'm sure you could get a similar tank for at least half the price maybe a little more? If you could you would be saving a lot which could go towards filteration/stock/plants/foods&treatments etc??

I`ve just replied to your thread in the African/Old World section :good:

Most reactions

Back