250l Tropical Planted Tank

All I can say is WOW :D
I really love seeing other peoples pics of their thanks, and was definitely not dissappointed looking at yours.
This thread, from start to finish had been great, all good :D

First off.... VERY nice tank! I have like every change you have done. Each one looks better than the previous.

I have a question if you don't mind. I am a newb to fish keeping so bear with me. When you change the tank around, what do you do with the fish? Do you leave them in the tank while your redesigning the aquascape?

I do just that. The fish stay in the tank at all time... i just have to make sure that i do not cover up my loaches or my catfish. I consider it a water change, and often do it just then so that when i take out all of the plants, the crap that is in the water, most of it comes out when i take out a 1/4 - 1/3 of my water. Replanting is easy, but often takes all afternoon. :blush: If i notice one thing that is out, i usually pull it out, cut it back, re plant it, and wait for it to grow.

The main problem that i have with mine is the fact that when i pull out the root base, because they are so long after about 3 - 4 months of growth, a lot of rocks and flora base supplements come out with it.

oh. Handy tip. When you do pull your plants out and re landscape the place, cutting the root base back, not a lot, but 1 - 3" encourages growth in the plants.

All I can say is WOW :D
I really love seeing other peoples pics of their thanks, and was definitely not dissappointed looking at yours.
This thread, from start to finish had been great, all good :D

thank you, and thanks to everyone for their input and for following me in this. Has been great to hear all of your replies and comments.

cheers;

Alex

Most reactions

Back