24G Nano Cube DX Nano Reef Setup

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well. You have the best looking 24g nano I have seen so far.

Good job SH! :)

BTW I am moving and going to be selling my tank and downsizing to a 60g cube (24x24x24)

steelhealr said:
Thanks 'BB'.....moving anywhere good? SH
[snapback]920684[/snapback]​

I am already in Socal.

Same town, smaller house. Cashing in own our little investment.

Socal real estate is soaring. We can buy a smaller house striaght out that will fit our families needs with cash...no mortgage.. :)

So I still get the Southern California weather which is good...

Couple more pix and then maybe a breather.

The fox coral now open:
nano105.jpg

nano107.jpg

Other Banggai shots:
nano109.jpg

nano108.jpg

Updated tank shot:

nano106.jpg

SH

SH has the six line wrasse shown any aggresive towards the Bangai Cardinal?

Is your cardnal proving to be the same picky eater that mine is? Ive gone through six brands of food, including cyclopeeze, and he will only take mysis shrimp.

statement: you should consider a second job as a photographer, all your photos are very well taken.

Thanks JJ...it's only a Pentax Optio S.....who would believe. Anyway, so far he seems to prefer mysis. He has avoided slow sinking pellet and flake. Enriched brine he took. Have yet to try cyclopeeze on him.

Have you tried anything else frozen like squid? SH

steelhealr said:
Have you tried anything else frozen like squid? SH
[snapback]924241[/snapback]​

I did try some prime reef? it was frozen supposed to be squid and urchin and such. He did not like that at all.

WOW. You weren't kidding! Your tank looks awesome!! I need to step it up and get some more corals in mine :nod:

I am super jealous :hey:

For those of you who read the post above by Parker 313, I have to qualify it a bit. Parker 313's tank was the first nano tank that I had seen while I was living 'at the top of the homepage of TFF', ie, freshwater. It was her tank that redirected my interest to saltwater and was one of the 'pioneering' nano reefs, IMO, at TFF. While I was trying to figure out the difference between surface skimming and protein skimming, she was already trying out different devices in her tank. Navarre was the 'tugboat' that guided me out of the channel. I still learn from others here...our section is not huge, but, it's good.

So, Parker, don't be jealous....you were the sensei, I the kohei. Besides, your tank got put on hold. You'll be right back in the ballgame soon..you had other 'priorities'. Welcome back!!!!!! SH

You are far too kind :*)

I noticed you have pics of the Banggai Cardinal further up the page, but don't see him listed in your siggy... Did something happen to him? I love those fish, they're beautiful! If I could ever talk the hubby into letting me upgrade my 10g to a 20g, it's a fish I'd consider!

He's still there. Standing at the front of the tank, the Banggai is an impressive looking fish. HOWEVER, they really don't add 'excitement' per se to the tank compared to the clown or sixline. He can get a bit 'pushy' at feeding time, bordering on aggressive. If you want a stately midtank floater, he's the one. He'd be the deadbeat wallhanger at party tho'. LOL. I'm comfortable with how my tank is going and I'm considering a very small blenny next. It's borderline with fish numbers, but, my goby barely adds much in the way of bioload. SH

Oh, well that's good :)

My clown is definitely the active one in my tank too and the firefish is pretty, but is also a "mid-level floater". The goby's funny - he's usually hiding though...

Its been a long time since i have seen a full tank shot of your system SH. May i sa its looking absolutely stunning! such bright colours and fantastic aquascaping.

That is a tank that anyone here could be proud of and i am sure you are too! :drool:
Well done my friend. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back