20G High Predatory Options

I thought a single ABF needed at least 30 gallons.

Also AFAIK they are top dwellers, in a tall tank they would have even less living space and you'd have an empty tank.

I thought a single ABF needed at least 30 gallons.

IMO this is incorrect. Most websites suggest this but if mine is anything to go off. They really don't move. 

not to judge or  offend here but how does your personal exerience differ from what many websites say, im not saying your wrong just wondering?

Many websites just give out a textbook standard answer based on adult size without taking activity levels in to account. In most cases, 30 gallons would be the minimum for a 4 inch fish but a sedate fish that hardly moves would not need that much.
I think that's what NOFG and too many choices are trying to get at and I am inclined to believe them because they have actual experience with the fish but I will take all points of view in to account before deciding.

Thanks for the help everyone!
If anyone has any alterative ideas, please feel free to let me know
smile.png

Snakeheads aren't that exciting, and getting just two is a bad idea, unless they're a proven pair

Aviici said:
Snakeheads aren't that exciting, and getting just two is a bad idea, unless they're a proven pair
I'd probably get a group of 6 or so juveniles and wait for a pair to form then remove the rest.

If they start breeding in your tank though you won't be able to have anything else in there, they'll kill it. I had to get a new tank for my oscar because my snakehead kept harassing him and mouthing him

Aviici said:
If they start breeding in your tank though you won't be able to have anything else in there, they'll kill it. I had to get a new tank for my oscar because my snakehead kept harassing him and mouthing him
I don't think I'd have enough room for anything else anyway
biggrin.png

If I do decide to go with them, then it will definitely be a species tank.

Aviici said:

yes, I did specify that when I suggested them.

Most reactions

Back