200L Tiger Barb Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I suspected some native snail, some eat plants :(

Alrighty, I head off to Melbourne tomorrow and then to Perth next week. I've had to do a few water changes and filter cleans since I'll be away for so long. This is the tank currently.

DSCN1449 (640x480).jpg

It looks really small in that picture so heres a close up.

DSCN1451 (640x480).jpg

I went to the LFS today to pick up a new syphon (cleaning 5 tanks would've taken forever otherwise!
crazy.gif
 ) as my other one broke and some more liquid carbon and ferts incase my brother runs out while I'm away. While I was there I was sooooo tempted to buy some fish. They had this gorgeous yellow and blue crowntail betta and they even had some Bolivian Rams and Honey Gourami. Common I know but I've always wanted some and the LFS here rarely ever stocks them! I was about ready to cry haha. 
fish.gif

I'll be going to a fish shop down in Perth with my brother, as that is where he gets all his stuff from. I'm looking at getting an external canister filter while I'm there. He's already given me the prices for the kinds I'm looking into and I'll save quite a large chunk buying down there.

I'll see about updating while I'm away, if not I'll update in 3 weeks when I get back 
biggrin.png

Oh yeah, and he's a pic of Mr Grima Fish.

DSCN1407 (640x480).jpg

He'll be going into his own tank once I get back 
fish.gif

The tank is looking great and Grima is so cute! ^_^

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Well I'm currently in Bunbury, will be heading home on Friday next week.
fish.gif

Bought an Aquis Aqua One 1000 today. Was going to go a size up and then realised that I have no way to get it home lol. Also picked up a longer net and a better sized siphon since my brother gets a discount at this shop 
whistling.gif
 I'll be looking into getting another external filter once I get back if this one doesn't work as well as I'd like. 

I can't wait to get home to work on the tank again. Hopefully my other brother has been taking adequate care of it 
wacko.png

filter.jpg

That's the filter! Finally gotten around to adding a photo 
innocent.gif
 Just gotta figure out how to pack it into my suitcase lol.

I'm thinking about stocking this tank with an uncommon Rainbowfish, as the LFS where I live always has them in stock. It'd be interesting I reckon 
wahey.gif

I'll be home Friday, so there should be a few updates over the weekend 
happy.png

I'm very jealous of that beautiful driftwood!  I can't wait to see how this all comes together- mostly because I want to upgrade my own tank soon and am searching for ideas :)

Well I got back home a few hours ago. The tank was pretty gross after being left for a month. I've already cleaned off the wood, set up the new filter and removed the old one. I'm trying to figure out what to put in the space the old filter used to be as it looks a little sad haha. I've already got plans to go to the LFS tomorrow, hopefully I'll also be able to find a small tank for Mr Fish :)

Today has been rather interesting.

Picked up this weird fake wood thing to fill in the corner of the tank until I come up with some ideas haha.

DSCN2244 (640x480).jpg

The LFS didn't have any glass tanks for Mr Fish to be moved into, I was told it would be around 2 weeks until they get the size I want in. They happened to also have kribensis while I was there, which they rarely ever do, and so I impulsed bought what the fishguy told me was a male and female. Mr Fish is currently in a bowl that's too small because of it but I will be on top of water changes for the next 2 weeks until I can get him an adequately sized one.

Now, since I have 2 kribs, I need to figure out what other fish to have with them as I've kinda fallen out of love with tiger barbs 
bye2.gif

DSCN2245 (640x480).jpg

A pic of the tank now that I've removed the internal filter and replaced it with the fake wood.

The filter has noticeable cleaned up the tank, even after having set up for around 12 hours.

DSCN2246 (640x480).jpg

This is the best photo I managed to get of the kribs. 

DSCN2252 (640x480).jpg

The bigger one has settled in already and seems to have claimed the piece of wood on the left as it has a bit of a cave in it and has already coloured up a bit. The smaller krib seems a bit freaked but hopefully it should settle in soon. They're still only really little though.

Your tank is beautiful!

I am not sure what to recommend with the kribs. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Rummynose tetras are beautiful and tight schooling fish.

Aw thanks
flowers.gif
 . It isn't what I'd hoped it'd be but I do still need to wait for some of the plants to grow a bit and figure out what to actually put in that corner 

I love Rummynose Tetra but I would've figured the Kribs would get too aggressive for them. There is a bit of varying information on them to be honest. I'm not really after anything specific, something that can tolerate harder water would be great though.

damanax said:
Aw thanks
flowers.gif
 . It isn't what I'd hoped it'd be but I do still need to wait for some of the plants to grow a bit and figure out what to actually put in that corner 

I love Rummynose Tetra but I would've figured the Kribs would get too aggressive for them. There is a bit of varying information on them to be honest. I'm not really after anything specific, something that can tolerate harder water would be great though.
Ooh right I didn't think of that :C Have never had Kribs so not sure how aggressive they are.

Rainbowfish like harder water.

Yeah they do but they also tend to be peaceful fish so I'm not too sure if they'd be able to stand up to the Kribs. Hmmm this will take a bit more thought 
innocent.gif

Kribs are mean as all Hades when in breeding mode! In that size tank though, other fish should be able to keep out of their way.

Most reactions

Back