200L Tiger Barb Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the plants!

Looks great!!!

Even though its late, :bday:

I have the same brand of lights as you, they're great because they're so energy efficent and slim, however I've had a real hardship trying to grow plants (even my java fern is struggling) and loads of algae. Just something to watch out for.
I'm upgrading my lights soon as they're getting really dull, which, TBH I'm happy about, I've gotten so fed up with the algae.
Hopefully you won't have the same problems, but just thought I'd let you know.

Thankyou 
flowers.gif

I've got the same kind of light on one of my smaller tanks. I agree with the algae but my vallis and java moss is going fine. I ended up majorly reducing the length the lights were on to combat the algae 
unsure.png

Well my plants didn't arrive today 
cry1.gif

I'm not too surprised, the postal service around here is pretty bad. Hopefully the plants will be ok with an extra day in transit 
confused.gif
 Fingers crossed for them to arrive tomorrow.

Sorry!! That is so frustrating!! :( Hopefully they will be fine.

Well it didn't come today either, I had the day off and I was really looking forward to putting something green in the tank. I'm getting concerned that the plants will be in very bad condition when they finally show up 
sad.png

If they do show up tomorrow, I'm going to have to put them in quickly as I'm on 12 hour shifts over the next week and won't have a whole lot of time 
unsure.png

Ugh, I'm so sorry :( Good thing though is you can move the plants later?

They didn't arrive today either. I'm getting rather annoyed 
evilmad.gif

Hopefully they'll be here Monday...

Have had a terrible day.

I discovered that one of my betta tanks was leaking. As I can't afford a replacement, I put Grima the betta into the 200l. In doing so, I ended up dropping one of the glass lids and smashed it 
sad.png

I moved the media from the betta tank into the 200l's filter. Also moved over the fake plants and got some of the others out of the shed. Removed the wood for now, it's soaking in the bathtub again. Will sort it all out once my plants finally arrive. Also had a bottle of Dr Tims bacteria floating around and put that in there too. Will be monitoring the ammonia/nitrate/nitrite over the next few weeks.

I'm thinking of changing my stocking now that Grima is in the 200l and I obviously can't have Tiger Barbs with him.  I have no idea what to do though as I had my heart set on the barbs 
bye2.gif

DSCN1352 (640x480).jpg

The water level is low because I have a cutting board covering the hole where the lid was and don't want the little guy jumping out.

Oh my...

I fish-pray that everything will sort out... Stay strong my friend..

I am so sorry to hear that! What an awful day :(

Could you possibly just let him stay in the 200l until you have enough money to buy him his own tank, and then go on with the stocking you had planned?

I was looking at reducing how many smaller tanks I had so I'm not too sure what I'm going to be doing yet.

I might take a look at what other species would be suitable to house with him. I'm unsure just how aggressive he'll be as he has always been kept on his own.

There's still a while for me to figure out what to do as I didn't plan on properly stocking the tank until March.

My plants came yesterday, about half an hour after I went to work for the night 
blink.png

Came home this morning to find them. Yay! The crypt is in a sorry state but I salvaged what I could and planted it. The amazon sword looks a tad sad but mostly it's alright. I put the wood back in and planted the plants. 

DSCN1365 (640x480).jpg

Thinking about picking up some vallis or baby tears from the LFS, stil deciding haha.

Grima will be staying in the tank until I get back from my holiday, when he'll be moved into his own smaller tank, and then I'll get the first barbs 
yes.gif

Most reactions

Back