200 Gallon Cube Tank Build Log

thanks for the feedback guys, all that work has finally paid off...

ill take some more side shots tommorow, the water is starting to clear up nicely now. as for access to the back of the tank, no..i wanted to keep it as flush with the wall as possible, but either way theres nothing in the back that needs to be accessible.

again, thanks for the great comments!

BIG HEADACHE...

got home from work tonight around 11, everything was running smoothly with the tank..went on the computer for a few minutes, then went back out to the living room to find my pump running dry in the 18 gallon tub it sits in...and water all over the floor! my gut reaction was to check all of the tank seams, luckily it wasnt the tank. the culprit? the damn uv sterilizer's outlet tube slipped off so it dropped to the floor and the powerhead that was running it in the sump kicked the water through until the return pump chamber went dry, luckily only about 12 gallons. i never knew how uneven my floor was until the water made its way through the living room and under my bedroom door. and i also never knew how 12 gallons of water could spread out over such a large area so quickly. luckily the return pump had its own tank, otherwise i would have had a bigger mess on my hands, and a dry refugium..even luckier that i didnt tee off from a tank drain to feed the uv sterilizer!!!!!!! got everything mopped up, but i have to wait until tommorow to buy some more salt to mix and get the tank up and running again. in the pic you can see the uv sterilizer to the right, that clear tube slipped right off of the outlet due to the pressure from the powerhead and sprayed water all over the floor.

newimage4.jpg

Aww that sucks dude! I hate when my tank decides to go whacko and make water go everywhere. Best of luck for the future :good:

tank looks absolutely amazing!! sorry about your mishap though

Ding Dong a real stunner love the tank and love the aquascape can't wait to see more pictures of this one. :good:

Great stuff, I love the square tanks, great depth as previously mentioned. You don't let the grass grow do you :hyper:

Right.....whats next.... :lol:

this morning's pics...

DSCF0001-8.jpg

right side..

DSCF0002-6.jpg

DSCF0003-10.jpg

left front..

DSCF0004-6.jpg

right front...

DSCF0005-9.jpg

it still has a bit clearing up to do but a lot more clear than yesterday!

LOVE IT! i tell you what Put some MH on there and get loads of SPS corals, that look insane! or would the puffer eat them? :blink:

i actually have two 250w mh ballasts and housings but no bulbs to test them with to see if they work. The clowns are gold striped maroons.

oooh, halides and clear water, cant wait :D

And nice job with water on the floor, now you're really reefin :good:

Most reactions

Back