1000 Us Gal Project

been playing around with a few different things on the tank

the 1st thing i had a go at was ozone as the marine boys use it so i gave it a go but i gave up with that as the risks were to high as if you get a bit of kit that brakes and the redox/orp goes above 450_500Mv you have a chance of killing the whole tank so i dumped that and stuck to what i know works adding more flow :lol:

when i 1st set the tank up i was running 4 x eheim compact 5000 which only gave me a flow of 20,000 lph less when you take into account the head height of the far pumps

so i then uped the flow to 36,000 lph which i felt still wasn't what i needed

SO as from yesterday i added another 30,000 lph pump giving me a total of 66,000 lph which will turn the whole 1000 gal over about 15 x per hour :lol: that should do it

the only bad bit about it is the pumps now take close to 1000w to run :crazy:

one thing i have noticed is the bigger pumps you cram into a sump the more they heat the water so what i am losing on elec on the pumps im gaining on less heaters

more up date pics and videos soon :good:

I've just spent a good couple of hours reading the whole thread. I'm amazed! This is a beauty! Thanks for sharing this with us.
laugh.gif

My solar PV panels are fitted to my roof next week. That means my fish tanks will run for free during daylight hours.

Cost to fit the panels to my roof? All 2kw of them is nothing. I didn't have £10,000 to spare so I went the free method where you rent your roof to a solar company but keep the free electricity.

1 x chili red arowana
3 x p14 stingrays
2 x scobina stingrays i have some holding for me
1 x siamese tiger fish
1 x tigrinse cat
20 x tinfoil barbs
1 x lince cat
1 x l56 xanto pleco

20 tinfoil barbs!! thats my dream :)
I love working with stingrays too!

the biggest female tip of tail to front tip of disk is about 3ft

another short video of my 2ft tigrinus cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szZwrvZ1loQ

Been a few months since I caught up on this thread. As always, this tank is looking awesome!!!!

as my rays keep having pups more due soon

i had to work out a place to put them when born with new born ray pups they need to be kept stable and a change in water conditions moving them to a different tank is enough to kill them

so this seamed like a good idea

the tank size is 30 long 14 wide 14 tall i have a 1000lph pump pumping water from my weir then down a overflow back into the main tank just need to make a frame the spray it the same colour as the tank frame

Attachments

• IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 108
Very creative solution! Will look forward to seeing pictures of the pups.

Stunning work mate. I'm in awe at all the effort and hard work put into this; not a lot of people have the drive to complete projects like this. :good:

Most reactions

Back