1000 Us Gal Project

been working out the costs to run this tank as my girlfreind said the elec is mad so i put the hut on its own key

the elec alone is £25 per week for tank room heater and pc
its 1kw on pumps 2kw on tank heaters then lights room heater and pc
the food is £90 every 1.5 months thats prawns giant meal worms and a shed load of hikari pellets this is what i mix up and use every 1.5 months thats 2kg hikari sturgeon 1.5kg hikari gold and 750g of hikari massivore :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 104
Hi T1

just read the whole of your thread ! truly inspiring i must say

beautifull tank and fish i could only dream of owning welldone on the build spetacular
love the updates throughout the build
not forgetting the videos which was amazing i could watch your fish for hours lol
your an inspiration to all :)

all the best

linda

Hey T1,

Do you still have my cambelli dat ?

How are things going ?

Still have it yes must be 12inch now and still not aggressive in anyway

i have not been one to buy and sell fish all the time the only fish that have gone in near 2 years since the tank was set up are the FRT the pair of scobina the marble and lince cat the only reason the scobina and marble went were because i wanted all black rays the lince cat went as even with such a big tank it got a bit to big for my liking so sold it to a guy with a 13ft long tank the FRT went as i was more intrested in breeding the rays

the tank has worked real well in the near 2 years it has been set up the only things i have done is up the turn over from 20,000 lph to 66,000 lph as 20k wast enought and add a massive sand filter

the HMA cartriges are also being changed sooner than expected now every 3 months

but no one manual water change in near 2 years :nod:

if you look at my video on the last page he is in that
prob near 14 more than 12

Sweet mate,

I got myself a Juwel corner tank at the moment since i had to sell my old tank cos i had a baby so didn't have the room.

I felt proper gutted, and now i can't really do much with such a small tank.

Would love to see your tank again one day i know my dad was absolutely gob smacked when we came over that time lol

Have you ever thought of going bigger ? or maybe in a few years time, i know your garden isn't massive lol

Sweet mate,

I got myself a Juwel corner tank at the moment since i had to sell my old tank cos i had a baby so didn't have the room.

I felt proper gutted, and now i can't really do much with such a small tank.

Would love to see your tank again one day i know my dad was absolutely gob smacked when we came over that time lol

Have you ever thought of going bigger ? or maybe in a few years time, i know your garden isn't massive lol

still have the back bit of garden but the dogs make a mess of that

i may flip the design of the shed around and make it a 12ft square then put a 12x6x3 in

no rush

Ahh that would be sweet, i didn't realise you had the back bit of garden till i just looked at the pics on original page.

I suppose if the tank becomes bigger so does everything else.......

more filtration, water changes etc etc

Wouldn't be an easy task to upgrade everything whilst still maintaining that tank or finding a temporary home for the fish.

fantastic T1, which rays are they and can you put some pics up? :good:

the father is a p14 the mother a leobd

they should turn out black with white polo shaped spots

Attachments

• IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 113
Are those the parents or babies? Whichever they are gorgeous. Wish I had one.

they are beautiful T1 Im sure they will grow into stunning rays
/
do you see them mating or know they are pregnant or are the pups a surprise when they come?

Are those the parents or babies? Whichever they are gorgeous. Wish I had one.

they are the babies they are born just like mini adults

they are beautiful T1 Im sure they will grow into stunning rays
/
do you see them mating or know they are pregnant or are the pups a surprise when they come?

i have seen them breed before they bred like a dog

you can see humps starting to grow at the rear of the ray and when they are near ready to be born you see the hump moving around they are normally preg for 90-110 days

Most reactions

Back