1000 Us Gal Project

shout.gif
^

What is it with all the multiquotes? My area is one of the furthest away from the phone exchange in the country so I can get 0.25MB's as I type, and trying to load this page is a royal pain in the rectum.

Those tin foils are ace, as is your watch ;)

right i have the pair of scobina rays and my 4 giant gold tinfoil barbs in

its mad how big fish are when out of the water

i knew the tinfoils were big but not 10inch +

i tested all the water parameters and they are all fine but its taking ages for the tank to clear

will get pics when it has cleared a bit

Bet the tank looks great with the tinfoils, always liked those fish but they always look cramped ni smaler tanks

looking forward to pics!!
I agree, tinfoils look great , also discus would look good but you have to have a different PH for them :p please tell me your getting some big plecs?

What is it with all the multiquotes? My area is one of the furthest away from the phone exchange in the country so I can get 0.25MB's as I type, and trying to load this page is a royal pain in the rectum.

wow thats propper bad connection

it sounds weird but have the tinfoils or rays eaten the goldfish yet?

Why dont you attach a hose to a hot tap, thats what i did in my 90 litre but its kinda on a different scale here xD would be alot faster than kettles anyways lol.
[/quote]

its not good to use hot water from the tap its water that sits in the water tank and then goes throw the boiler and a whole load of copper pipes

would you drink hot water from the tap i wouldnt have you seen that sometimes it comes from the tap milky

oopps i use hot water from tap to take chill off cold water when i do a water change :sad:

But glad to see some fish in this tank.been checkign topic every day , could realy do with loads of pics tho so sooner the water clears the better :good:

looking good mate (and your watch looks like mine lol omega seamaster by any slight chance lol)

i use water from my hot tap and i have had no side affects at all. i might not consider it if im keeping expensive fish, but for you average community set up, its pretty much fine.

as rays hate copper why risk it

no need to take the chill of the water at water changes the temp drop stimulates rain fail or the over night temp drop

Looking good buddy, sorry to hear about the leaks etc, that must be stessful after spending all that wonga...but sounds like its coming on a treat, not in the market for a redtail cat are you :unsure:

cant beleive how you've motored along with this project, makes me see just how lazy iam :look:

i sometimes use hot water from the tap, but i wouldn't do if i had copper pipes, my main water supply comes into the house at the kitchen, then there is 1 12" length of copper from the pvc to the boiler and 12" from the boiler to the flexi attaching to the sink, so if i run the tap for a minute or so first it must only be in contact with copper for a matter of milliseconds! i never bring the temp up too high though and as T1 said there is not a perfectly stable temperature anywhere apart from the sea and maybe in a couple of the biggest lakes so its natural to have slight temperature drops.
i still looking forward to pictures of the doors and tank surround, sad eh! ha

Most reactions

Back