What are you doing today?

What are you doing today?​

Well, I've done groceries today. On my way back home my bicycle chain came off. So, I had to walk home. Wasn't that pleasant for today we had almost 30°C with a bright shining sun. I've tried to walk in the shadows as much as possible. For I have to be careful for my blood, heart and lungs. Once home, I've repaired my bicylce. Mowed the lawn, planted a passion flower vine and got rid of weed. And now I'm done and a bit tired.
I had planned to clean out two tanks. But with the current heat I'll postpone it to this coming weekend. But I'll gonna read a lot of material that I need for a course that I'm following. Next month I have my exam for the course "Professional competence for fish farming". This allows me to do more things within the field of aquarium and pond fish.

What are you doing today?​

Well, I've done groceries today. On my way back home my bicycle chain came off. So, I had to walk home. Wasn't that pleasant for today we had almost 30°C with a bright shining sun. I've tried to walk in the shadows as much as possible. For I have to be careful for my blood, heart and lungs. Once home, I've repaired my bicylce. Mowed the lawn, planted a passion flower vine and got rid of weed. And now I'm done and a bit tired.
I had planned to clean out two tanks. But with the current heat I'll postpone it to this coming weekend. But I'll gonna read a lot of material that I need for a course that I'm following. Next month I have my exam for the course "Professional competence for fish farming". This allows me to do more things within the field of aquarium and pond fish.
I love learning about biking and urban design in the Netherlands. I might could bike into town where I live if the bike lanes extended a little further out of downtown, although it’d be a long trip.

Going to my mates funeral! :(
Said in his suicide note " Simon you knew this was coming" which I didn't unfortunately, christ knows what was going through his head :(
Oh I'm so sorry Simonas 🫂

Resting after yesterday’s book release party. I am exhausted
IMG_9311.jpeg

Did a little yard cleanup, helped my boyfriend do a food-shop. Shipped two Ebay packages.
Weeeee............

Today I came just short of frost bite... If I were smart I'd get a pair of light, cloth, gloves.

Received a large order from Omaha Steaks and unpacked and stored all the stuff. It was two large coolers packed with dry ice. Took an hour after before my hands weren't cold. Dry ice is a minus 109.3F and I would expect everything in the coolers to be near the same.

Today I came just short of frost bite... If I were smart I'd get a pair of light, cloth, gloves.

Received a large order from Omaha Steaks and unpacked and stored all the stuff. It was two large coolers packed with dry ice. Took an hour after before my hands weren't cold. Dry ice is a minus 109.3F and I would expect everything in the coolers to be near the same.
You and Peyton Manning . OMAHA ! ! !

Did a little yard cleanup, helped my boyfriend do a food-shop. Shipped two Ebay packages.
Weeeee............
I TOTALLY DETEST yard work which is why I live in an apartment. ;) And it's probably been over a month since I've been in a local grocery. Less expensive to get food from a good on-line source.

Yeah, some people just aren't cut out for gardening. RE: jaylach's OMAHA STEAKS = I haven't tasted ground beef with flavor here in the Boston area in many MANY years. The last burger I made from raw meat that had flavor was a gifted Omaha burger!

My recipe for burghers on the grill --- One and half pound 95% HB ... 1/2-pound good ground sweet sausage ... 1/2-pound ground veal. Add a touch of chilli pepper, add very diced Vidalia onion liberally, a touch of garlic and a squirt of liquid smoke. Makes 15 5-ounce burghers that are tasty and juicy. Grill to taste with appropriate salt and pepper.

Yeah, some people just aren't cut out for gardening. RE: jaylach's OMAHA STEAKS = I haven't tasted ground beef with flavor here in the Boston area in many MANY years. The last burger I made from raw meat that had flavor was a gifted Omaha burger!
Omaha DOES do a good burger with flavor. The thing is that at a grocery the ground is largely made from scraps they can't sell any other way. With Omaha they have several burger types consisting of ground filet mignon, brisket, top sirloin and one or two others. Oh, each of the steak cuts I mentioned are not combined to make a burger. They are different burgers made from each cut.
My recipe for burghers on the grill --- One and half pound 95% HB ... 1/2-pound good ground sweet sausage ... 1/2-pound ground veal. Add a touch of chilli pepper, add very diced Vidalia onion liberally, a touch of garlic and a squirt of liquid smoke. Makes 15 5-ounce burghers that are tasty and juicy. Grill to taste with appropriate salt and pepper.
I don't add much to a burger except for some spices on the outside. Nothing wrong with how you make yours but, to me, that is more like meat loaf and there are times I do similar things. I don't do veal at all but often do mix 2 pounds of 85/15 or 90/10 ground beef and 1 pound of ground pork for meatloaf or meatballs which I tend to go pretty heavy on Italian seasons. Then there is the filler for meatloaf or balls. Any more it is crushed crackers or bread. I'm pretty old school and use rolled oats mixed with milk.

While we differ a bit on methods I think we could get together and do a heck of a cooking session. ;)

I bought a meat grinder off Amazon a few years back. I like a 3:1 mix of sirloin and brisket in my burger. By grinding the beef myself I can cook to rare or medium rare without worrying about Salmonella. 85/15 meat to fat ratio is the way to go.

Most reactions

Back