What are you doing today?

The gardening begins in earnest this week and all through May . My tomato plants started from seed March 6th really need to go out pretty soon . My potatoes , carrots and kale are all in and I’m getting my squash bed ready this week .View attachment 340919
You are way ahead of us. Just planted our seeds a week ago. Just gonna put them out later and harvest later I guess. Those are some healthy plants you've got.

The lure I've been using to catch all those fish got hooked in some trees... Dang... So now I got something else to take it's place!
Hopefully it catches something
1000002958.jpg

just worked today, i’m really anxious about this job i interviewed for, i really hope i can secure it cause it would be an amazing opportunity

graduation is the 11th and i’m moving out very soon after that, i already have an apartment secured, i get the keys on the 1st
i hear back about the job sometime today! i also get my keys for my new place today, im so excited. this hard work is paying off. :)

The lure I've been using to catch all those fish got hooked in some trees... Dang... So now I got something else to take it's place!
Hopefully it catches something
View attachment 340928
gotta love those poppers! i’ve never had much luck with top water lures, but i respect those who can catch fish with em!

gotta love those poppers! i’ve never had much luck with top water lures, but i respect those who can catch fish with em!
I've been realizing it's all about building that confidence in the baits.
I used to never want to use topwater, but I started using a top water minnow and I got lots of nice strikes!
Once you find the right water for it and the right type of action (spring you go slower with top water. So you do a *twitchtwitch--pause--twitchtwitch*)

I recommend you try it some more! Especially now that bass are shallow

My fourth and fifth graders have their big concert next week. They're closing it with a cover of "Ordinary Day" by Great Big Sea. It's starting to come together. @GaryE aren't you in Newfoundland? Here's a good, eastern Canadian song for you.

I'm in New Brunswick, but the bones of my ancestors on my Dad's side tend to be in Newfoundland and Labrador.

You are way ahead of us. Just planted our seeds a week ago. Just gonna put them out later and harvest later I guess. Those are some healthy plants you've got.
Don’t worry about that . Tomatoes have a great ability to catch up fast . I have had Yellow Pear come up on their own from ones that fell on the ground and still produced heavily . Starting ahead just gives you a more vigorous plant and bigger tomatoes .

Since male bettas usually appear at shops with 3 months or more of age (when they need to be separated from other males), when I brought May last year, he was probably born in the start of 2023.

Because of this, now my Betta is one year old!

1714435524480.jpeg

Okay, besides this, I'm seriously thinking about publishing a book compilating all of my poetry. I would publish even in English, but I don't know how it would work for people that don't live in the US (for example, if I choose Amazon). I made a simple experimental music with Virtual Piano, published on Spotify in 2019 and I got about US$ 0.44. Okay, I'm not a musician, indeed (just a recently graduated in Biological Sciences), although I love to write, even when in English language.

Okay, besides this, I'm seriously thinking about publishing a book compilating all of my poetry. I would publish even in English, but I don't know how it would work for people that don't live in the US (for example, if I choose Amazon). I made a simple experimental music with Virtual Piano, published on Spotify in 2019 and I got about US$ 0.44. Okay, I'm not a musician, indeed (just a recently graduated in Biological Sciences), although I love to write, even when in English language.
While prose often translates OK between languages structured poetry tends to not do as well. The problem with translating structured poetry is that you will probably lose rhyme and the tempo of the verse. Another issue is that if you fix the structure issues caused by translation it is likely that the meaning will be lost.

I'm not saying to not do this but be prepared for many issues in translation of structured poetry.

I've been realizing it's all about building that confidence in the baits.
I used to never want to use topwater, but I started using a top water minnow and I got lots of nice strikes!
Once you find the right water for it and the right type of action (spring you go slower with top water. So you do a *twitchtwitch--pause--twitchtwitch*)

I recommend you try it some more! Especially now that bass are shallow
i normally just use small jigs or crankbait, but i should try top water more!

i hear back about the job sometime today! i also get my keys for my new place today, im so excited. this hard work is paying off. :)
not tryna clutter the thread lol but here’s my new place!
IMG_6138.jpeg
IMG_6140.jpeg

it’s a 1 bed 1 bath and it’s simple but i love the feeling of it

(definitely MIGHT get a nano saltwater tank after i move out 🫣)

im just glad the landlord is super chill with tanks, he said my fish tank was no problem and if i wanted to get more it was all good :)

not tryna clutter the thread lol but here’s my new place!

it’s a 1 bed 1 bath and it’s simple but i love the feeling of it :)
What's the ceiling made of?
There were some fancy looking ceilings made back in the 70 & 80s but they had asbestos or vermiculite in. If it's an old building, be careful not to damage the ceiling just in case it has something nasty in it.

Ceiling fans are useless in hot weather but good for circulating warm air in winter.

Check the air vents in the ceiling to make sure they are free of dust. Sometimes if they haven't been cleaned for a while, they blow dust everywhere when you turn them on for the first time. Having an empty unit and the windows open when you do this can allow the dust to blow out the windows.

Apart from that it looks nice and clean so good stuff. And you got a nice landlord who doesn't mind fish so that's cool :)

Most reactions

Back