Hidden talents

Math …. Always could solve math problems in my head quickly. Not as good at it anymore though.
my hidden talent is…despite being in honors marh classes and somehow managing to keep an A…being absolutely hopeless at math, especially geometry, notoriously an easier subject. However, I love solving complicated algebraic equation…doesnt mean im any good ar them

my hidden talent is…despite being in honors marh classes and somehow managing to keep an A…being absolutely hopeless at math, especially geometry, notoriously an easier subject. However, I love solving complicated algebraic equation…doesnt mean im any good ar them
I was in honors detention.

Not so hidden as it becomes apparent startlingly . I can convert any ingested food stuff to a gaseous state .

LOL this post didn't get the response it deserved

kitty-forman-debra-jo-rupp.gif

Hm, I can also get large numbers of elementary kids to more-or-less do what they're supposed to on stage, and have fun doing it. That's sort of a super power.

Mostly younger kids are great. They look to you for guidance and fun if youve got half a personality. I used to be a snowboard instructor, those kids were the worst. I stopped riding for 2 years after I was an instructor. Lost my passion for it because of whining kids and parents who thought their kids would be Olympic athletes their first time up. Or parents who wanted nothing to do with little Johnny for 4hrs so they could go get drunk and ski come back and blame you for little Johnny being a turd all day.

That's probably my hidden talent, turning what I love into a job and than not wanting anything to do with it afterwards.

My most hidden and mostly useless (don't often get to use it) hidden talent is I don't panic. I have had a few scary episodes in my life where I could have totally gone off the rails but did not. This talent has kept me alive a couple times but also has allowed me to help people who are panicking, though those cases were mostly due to perceived not actual threats. I believe this to be a learned skill, mostly from my father giving me as a young child the freedom to explore my environment in ways that would be considered child endangerment now.

My most hidden and mostly useless (don't often get to use it) hidden talent is I don't panic. I have had a few scary episodes in my life where I could have totally gone off the rails but did not. This talent has kept me alive a couple times but also has allowed me to help people who are panicking, though those cases were mostly due to perceived not actual threats. I believe this to be a learned skill, mostly from my father giving me as a young child the freedom to explore my environment in ways that would be considered child endangerment now.
That's a good one. I have this thing where I usually go cold and logical when things get dangerous. It's a well developed reptilian brain. I'm cautious in general, and anything but a daredevil. I see no fun in unnecessary risk or roller coaster type paid for fear. But when the real mulm hits the fan, it somehow becomes an interesting problem to be dealt with. Not panicking is a useful hidden talent, best kept hidden because no one really wants to use it.
It gives me negotiating skills and an ability to talk people down. That has paid off a few times in helping to calm bad situations. I hope I never have to shift into that state of mind again though.

It gives me negotiating skills and an ability to talk people down. That has paid off a few times in helping to calm bad situations. I hope I never have to shift into that state of mind again though
My skills are not so good in terms of negotiating, most people seem to run on a different logic than I do, but more once we get into a bad situation, I seem to be able to lead people out of them. Maybe my hidden skill is really I tend to get myself and others into bad situations, but I also tend to get them out too.

I don't really care for paid type of fear, ie roller coasters etc, as you are simply passive participant. But I do like situations where the outcomes depend on my skills and planning, and I will take risks to explore someplace new. Don't do much anymore now that I am getting older, but in the past I had some good adventures that I am proud about getting out of but maybe not so proud about getting into.

My skills are not so good in terms of negotiating, most people seem to run on a different logic than I do, but more once we get into a bad situation, I seem to be able to lead people out of them. Maybe my hidden skill is really I tend to get myself and others into bad situations, but I also tend to get them out too.

I don't really care for paid type of fear, ie roller coasters etc, as you are simply passive participant. But I do like situations where the outcomes depend on my skills and planning, and I will take risks to explore someplace new. Don't do much anymore now that I am getting older, but in the past I had some good adventures that I am proud about getting out of but maybe not so proud about getting into.
You sound like a rock or ice climber .

You sound like a rock or ice climber .
Not anymore, used to do a lot of climbing, caving, and kayaking, with some other activities thrown in for good measure. Now an adventure is a 6 km walk with the dog. Still kayak some, but typically don't go into the heavy water I used to. I went through a phase making videos, here is a video from a local beach during a strong NW wind, one of my last heavy water vids because I had a heart attack about 3 months after filming this.
. Another hidden talent is living past glories. Maybe not so hidden.

Most reactions

Back