Your First Fish

Think mine was a couple of guppies cause i had an idea if they survived most others would 2 :) like many others i cycled with fish 2 but i used muture media and they seemed 2 live a long healthy life.

but would fishless cycle now just incase :)

4 cardinal tetra's .

Didn't cycle just added water and conditioner with brand new filter. still alive now living in my mums tank.

2 goldfish about a year and a half ago now.... didnt cycle tank just plopped them in after a week of letting the tank SETTLE....well they died and so did a few more.... now i have 2 tropical tanks that i fishless cycled and all is going well

My first fish were molly fry that I got 50 years ago. Unfortunately they have all died since. lol
I took over one of my dad's "aged" tanks so I had no losses. Back then tanks were aged because nobody in the hobby really understood what was going on in the filter or substrate. Cycle was not a word anyone would have understood.

2 goldfish in a bowl i won at church.

So true, if you want to go back to when i was 5.

If you want to jump ahead to my teen years, 2 silver mollies, 1 black mollie.... Faliure, i actually returned them before i went to far, some years later i find this site, and lets just say 4 tanks just dosnt seem like enough.....

7 black skirt tetras. Tough little guys - lost one to ick two months ago, but the other six (which were also infected) are still with me and still hyper as ever. They also made it through a couple ammonia spikes (I did a fishless cycle, but jumped the gun on adding fish - it wasn't quite ready).

The most popular First Fish are Tetras

i had a goldie in a bowl, then got a tropical and cycled with 5 neons :rolleyes: although 3 of them lived a good 6/7 years

the first I actually chose was my betta - just over 2 weeks ago - but he was bought at the same time as 12 neon tetra, 6 corys and 3 african dwarf frogs :)

6 danios & a red tail shark. Frightening thing is after 2 years & my lack of knowledge as to cycling, they are all still alive & all healthy.

Most reactions

Back