Your bettas weirdest/cutest habit

Oberon does hand stands!! No kidding! He stands on his head on the gravel and then flips over! He looks like a baby doing forwards rolls at tumble tots!!! It's SO adorable! I've been trying to get a decent picture of it since I got him! He also hugs the heater (don't worry his tank is warm enough - the heater harldy ever kicks in so I have NO idea what he is trying to do!) He also like balancing on the tiny little filter I have in his tank (I know he doesn't need one but as it doesn't create much of a current or anything it just gives me peace of mind!). I love his swim, swim FLARE, swim, swim, FLARE routine too - show off!! The best thing is his head stands followed by the flips!!
Titania is really sweet she flicks her food with one of her fins and then chases it before nibbling on it!! That's probably her cutest thing and I love watching her do that.
My other Betta with real character is Tinkerbell (Tink!!) she's a complete pickle!! She is stunning, a real beauty but nibbles my finger if it's in the tank she also steals Titania's food when she is playing with it and chasing it, which Titania does not approve of!! Possibly the cutest thing she does is chase the bubbles that my Fluval 3 plus creates. She'll wait by the side of it and then when a spurt of bubbles comes out she chases them!! I love watching her do that too!!
They are all pickles and SO unbelievably full of character (they're all slightly mad/insane too, which suits me perfectly!!)
What a great idea for a post by the way!! Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean! My non-fish friends think I'm crazy already, but I think all the betta-talk makes them think it even more! At least they're not around when I start talking to them :X

Albel curls up in a fluffy red ball and sleeps in the leaves of one of his plants, and also likes to sleep on a particular yellow flower. No, a red flower simply wouldn't do! It'd clash with his fins! Bindi loves to wiggle her dorsal fin (it looks so funny), Bruiser ATTACKS his food, and when I feed her a pea Shiirice shows it off by waving it around at me for a couple minutes before eating it. So what if people think we're mad as a hatter, these fish really do have personality!

Oh, and xxSarahxx! You have Oberon and Titania, I had a Puck! Sadly he passed away mysteriously and is playing pranks in betta nirvana though...

xxSarahxx said:
What a great idea for a post by the way!! Thanks!
[snapback]876736[/snapback]​

Aaaw thanks! :D I just love to hear about other peoples' fishies... :)

mybabieshavefins - Exactly! Actually a few of my friends have bettas but they call them fighters and think that they NEED to be in small cups and big tanks kill them. :rolleyes: :-( They think they're pretty but they don't look after them well and think I'm nuts when I talk about water changes and the like. I've tried telling them but they choose the advice of the 'pet shop people' over mine. My parents vaguely understand betta's needs but think I'm nuts anyway. :p

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who notices these little things... BTW, mybabieshavefins, Pearl does the dorsal-wiggle too! She kinda twitches it though and sometimes swims so it skims the water's surface from beneath and she looks like a little pink shark. :p

splashluff said:
Naughty, Malachi is super hottt! I want a Betta with a mohawk :sly: no fair. His tank is awesome too, where'd you get that skull?! *steals*

Thanks Splashluff :*) I found it at my LFS, they had a hot pink one too but well you know...it would have clashed with his fins and taken away from his 'mojo'! I am trying so hard to make it look like there are worms coming out of the skull but it just looks like spaghetti! Hmmm...maybe I'll put some coming out of his eyes too :hyper:

mybabieshavefins said:
Oh, and xxSarahxx! You have Oberon and Titania, I had a Puck! Sadly he passed away mysteriously and is playing pranks in betta nirvana though...
[snapback]876847[/snapback]​
I already have a tinkerbell too....my next two males are going to be Peter PAn and Puck actually!! Haven't found the perfect fish yet......... I'm after a crowntail and a half moon probably for a very good price.........hint hint!!!!
Sorry to hear about puck.....it's so hard when we loose a friend!
My human friends think I'm insane when I call my fish my friends but......they are! They don't understand why they are so special to me I have to admit......but I love them and that's that!!!

The only thing my little friend Bait does is cuddle. When I put my hand in to adjust something or for any reason, he will swim right up to my palm and wait for me to cup him in my hand. Once I do, he just kicks back and relaxes. He treats me like his own living hammock. Spoiled brat! -_- He acts like he's my owner. :/ :D :/

my bronzed cory has a screw loose and swims as fast as he can at my peppered cory but when they move he doesnt do anything and headbuts the floor. im worried about him :( that cant be normal

None have anything massively weird.... Vespasian had a tail biting phase that made his tail all wonky and horrible, and Claudius has decided he like Italian food and kept making a beeline for the khulis.... My parents don't think I'm too mad, but my dad is odd. He can't decide where he stands- First he's encouraging me to get a goldfish for my 3g, then being convinced he'd misheard me when I said you can only have one male in a tank, now he's remarking how tanks look too small- I wanted a 4/5g hex to divide in 2, showed him what I meant and he said 'are you sure thats big enough?'... nutter...

the only things i can think of that one of my fish does (his name is mortimer :D ) is the other day i noticed a shelled bug floating on the top of his bowl so i got some paper to lift it out, and my fish came swimming to the top and put the bug in his mouth, then spit it out, so i went to get it again, and he again put the bug in his mouth and spit it out, and kept doing that about 4 times, until i decided to give up then he left it alone. so i ran back and had to get it out quick before he did it again.

a cute thing that fish does is there is a sea shell leaning against the side of the bowl, and he squeezes himself in between the curved part (the inside) of the seashell and the bowl and sleeps there. i will try to take a photo of that tonight

My bettas are all wierd.

Angel flares at EVERYTHING! He likes to be petted, too, and when you run your finger down his back, he will turn a little circle and nudge his head under your finger so that you will do it again. Just like a little kitty. :wub:

Sakana likes to use the flow from his filter as a water slide. He will swim to the top of the filter, then swim right into the flow of it so that it pushes him down. Then he'll swim to the top of the filter and do it again and again and again. It's so cute!

Diamond is my most delicate looking betta... translucent with a white butterfly pattern on his fins, but he thinks he's macho. He tries to attack your finger through the glass, and he attacks his food, too.

Koenig is a dancer. He will come up to the front of the tank and wiggle his butt as long as you're there. He's a show off, and actually gets upset if there are too many plants on his side. I have two small plants for him to lay on and a little cave, and that's it. He's as happy as a clam. :)

flautist said:
Angel flares at EVERYTHING! He likes to be petted, too, and when you run your finger down his back, he will turn a little circle and nudge his head under your finger so that you will do it again. Just like a little kitty. :wub:

[snapback]877502[/snapback]​

Oh, that's adorable! :D My two just bite me. Not that it hurts, but I think they need to think about the phrase: don't bite the hand that feeds you! :p

flautist said:
Diamond is my most delicate looking betta... translucent with a white butterfly pattern on his fins, but he thinks he's macho. He tries to attack your finger through the glass, and he attacks his food, too
[snapback]877502[/snapback]​

Hehe, cute! :wub: Pearl is miniscule, pale pink with dark pink fins and she tries to act all tough as well. It doesn't work but she's a sweetie! :)

That's so awesome, mine is just a baby and he is sooo curious. He comes and touches my finger and I've only had him 2 days. How do you get them dancing around? That's so awesome!

i staked out my fish yesterday i felt like the damn paparazzi!!! unfortunately i only had my camera phone so the picture is poor quality, but i will try tonight with the digital camera, it is all in timing though, what i found out, is whenever at night i have the light turned off, he goes right in behind the shell to sleep. i turned the light on quick to take a picture, startled him and he left the shell, so i turned out light and 30 seconds later he is back behind it, the whole time. so i have to be ready tonight :D

the picture i have right now is very poor quality, and he doesn't look like a fish at all. and he was just swimming to get out of the shell because i startled him. so i will try again tonight, and sorry for the poor quality, once again

by the way, his head is to the right, he is looking up, that's why i think it looks funny. and the shell is leaning against the glass. i got to lighten it a bit

Attachments

• bad_fishy.JPG
    bad_fishy.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 30
  • bright_fishy.jpg
    bright_fishy.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 31

Most reactions

Back