YOU KNOW YOU'RE A FISHAHOLIC WHEN...

You know you are a fishahlic when........ you talk baby talk to your fish. When you have a 55 gallon tank a 2 gallon tank and are wanting another 10 gallon tank. When you cant go to the lfs and not come out with fish and something else for your tanks. :blink: :p :D :alien: :fun: :rofl: :rofl: :hey:

Exiled said:
When you're invited to a person's brand new house and the only compliment you can think of is "Nice rocks--can I have a few?" (in the front yard)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I almost died when I read that (it's funny because it's true!)

...when you start to see characteristics of yourself in your fish (or vice versa :shifty: )....

When you bought a tank to make the house look nice and end up needing a bigger house to accomodate the amount of tanks you "need"
When you go to get a soda and your significant other says "AND DON'T STOP AT THE FISH STORE EITHER!"...then you do anyway... :whistle:

Exiled said:
When you stop reading the paper for vital information like ummm...the NEWS and start buying it just to find used aquarium setups, new stores, etc. in the classifieds.

When you're invited to a person's brand new house and the only compliment you can think of is "Nice rocks--can I have a few?" (in the front yard)

When your dreams are always of fish

When a quick midnight snack turns into an all-night forum-athon

When your bathroom has been dubbed "The bucket room" by guests
When you have been dubbed "a wingnut" by guests

When you feel compelled to get Homeowners Flood Insurance (and you live nowhere near a flood zone)
Ditto.. :)

when you're more concerned about your fish's balanced diet than you are about your own :rolleyes:

When the only LFS you trust is a 5 hour drive, and you see nothing wrong with that.

When that same LFS (5 hours away) knows you by name ... AND knows what you have in your tanks.

When you go to some other LFS (not your regular) and realize the staff are clueless, so you start messing with them.

When you are out with friends and you stop at a wal-mart or petsmart and they know enough to leave you infront of the tanks until they are done shopping. And then they get ready for the next hour or two of listening to just how bad those tanks are and how sick all the fish look.

When your fish eat better than you.

Jo said:
When an innocent DVD, featuring a fish tank means that you pause and re-wind to get the best view of it!!
(thanks wuv! ;) )

People think your house is a lfs. --scott76
:shifty:
when u wake up at 3 in the mornin to look at ur fish =) since u miss it so much --kevin007
:rofl: I'm so guilty of that!
ur lfs can count on u for puttin there child through collage (and in my case university as well)
when the lfs ask 'same time tomorrow love?'--nightlife20
:whistle:

This thread is awesome!

When the only LFS you trust is a 5 hour drive, and you see nothing wrong with that.
oh ya!

When an innocent DVD, featuring a fish tank means that you pause and re-wind to get the best view of it!!
I was going to say that you miss an entire dialogue of a movie because you're to busy trying to identify the fish in the tank behind the characters :p

Most reactions

Back