YOU KNOW YOU'RE A FISHAHOLIC WHEN...

You have your first dream about swimming around in a tank with tropical fish. Your online weblog is 90% devoted to discussing your aquarium. :p

Auratus said:
You know your a fishaholic when you start random conversations with your mom about fishkeeping and she has no clue what the heck your talking about and could care less.
thats just like me!!!!!!!! :lol:

you know your a fishaholic when your balancing your supper on your lap just so you can add your pointless 2 cents to this post! :hyper: :rofl:

when you can't concentrate at work all day and leave extra early cos one of your fish was looking a little off-colour that morning -_-

when you dream about your plakats.
when you are burning up inside all week long because you want to visit the super-breeder in town and when you make the long drive over (rush hour be damned) she laughs and says she could tell you were excited to come over just by the sound of your voice on the phone. ;)

When you plan your weekend around water changes and LFS visits and tank cleaning and researching new fish.

When you'd rather watch fish than go to bed.

When you nearly crash the car driving home to see if your fish are OK.

When you feed your fish before you feed yourself.

When you tell people you can't go out as its fish feed time.

When you visit the LFS "just in case you see something you might need"

When you go somewhere via the LFS saying "on my way home" een though its a 30minute detour

When you have no other sites bookmarked but fish sites

When you start taking in gallons (I'm Australian!!!!)

When you start seeing items of furniture as potential fish tanks stands

When you start imagining how much cash you could get for the TV...the couch...the bed...heck...even thr fridge

When you start wondering if you really need that fridge...bed...washing machine...desk....dining table...

LOL!!

BUT...I had to make a choice....the 75 gall fishtank or the piano...I chose the piano....BUT...the piano will be housed at mums house "temporarily" so I can have the fish tank but not lose the piano!!!

OH...when you see random items around the place and think "my fish would like that in their tank I think

When you go and ask the fish if they would like that random item in there

When you hear the talking back!!! (then you're insane)

you know you are a fishaholic when........you are in a certain private fish shop so much they offer you a job (true story, today was my 5th day working there, its wonderful)

and when you are about to order 7 fish online for your birthday coming to a grand total of....200 USD!

when you aks people at school for money saying "You want to buy a drink" and save it to buy a new fish (If they are willing to give it, i have no trouble taking it)

When you start taking in gallons (I'm Australian!!!!)

I definatly second that!!! also when you start talking inches and feet!!!

I'm aust. too and I keep talking in inches, gallons and feet to the lfs and they get all confused (I don't get why americans and british still want to stick to tradition! :S )

you know you are a fishaholic when........You save all your pocket money for a year to get somethin' goot at the end. :hey: 8) :D

when you try and figure out what in your house would bring money on E-Bay so you can buy fish stuff

You know your a fishaholic when......your partner starts moaning that the fish get more attention than him :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you travel the wrong way round the M25, adding a good hour onto your journey home from London, where you went to see someones fish tank, just because someone mentioned that there was a good offer on at their lfs!!!!!!

looking at no one in particular :whistle:

:-( I didnt realise how very pathetic I am. All I think about is fish and animals. :crazy: hehehe. Ah well, who needs a life! :thumbs:

-When you can't wait to go to the local creek-even though it is 54 degrees outside and the windchill makes it like 24.
Hey mum- the creek water stays the same tempature year round! :thumbs:

- When you have an hour long conversation with your cat about why he should'nt eat your fish, his brothers and sisters.

- When you get tiffed because some friends tank is nasty and the fish look ill.

-When you search your yard,grandparents yard and friends yards to see if you can find ANYTHING that will hold water. :lol:

When squigly, slimy smelly bugs are a welcome addition to your fridge/bathroom/closet. And, you tell company how it's okay that you are growing maggots on the kitchen counter. :shifty:

So much more,hehehe.

When the cat is sat by the door with a suitcase cause she is leaving to go somewhere that she can get some attention...! :p

Most reactions

Back