Yellow Panchax

I currently have 1 (recently lost another)
They are a stunning fish that do well with any medium/large sized peaceful species, When i purchased mine they were in a large planted show tank with some large Angels and Corys.
They are a peaceful species although predatory toward anything they think they could eat (neons, other smaller fish etc.)
They would live fine with Discus but I'm not sure how they would cope with the higher temperatures, (maybe a question for the BigC and the killifish section)

thats adzackly what i was thinkin, as my temp is at 30 deg
the sign in the fish shop said they grow to either 12cm or inches lol carnt remember

what about a betta whould they eat that?

Hi, I have 2 in seperate tanks as they kept fighting. 1 in my tiger barb tank and the other in a comunity tank. They never have a go at my other fish including cardinal tetras. They spend most of there time swimming at the surface occasional swimming down to the bottom. Mine are about 7cm long, can't see them growing to 12" must be 12cm max. lovely bright yellow with red edging around there tail fins, think they are both males, that's probably why they fight. 30 degrees is probably to hot for them but not sure.
Not sure if they will get on with a betta.

i have one betta that the baby wanted lol

great read whats that fish in your avtar?
might just buy it today

well i bought the fish yesterday

and its survived the night

think i need one of those in my tank
beautiful fish, where did you get it from ?

really like my panchax starting to adventure different levels of the tank not just staying at the top does not seem bothered about the large discus in the tank

defo on my want list no particar order lol

1.Rivulus xiphidius
2. red coral pencilfish
3. pure yellow discus
4. blue diamond

Beechey, Just watch what your feeding your yellow discus - orange food may turn the discus slightly orange (cant remember the name of the food)

yeah heard about this, think my food is fine as ive got a pure white diamond and he has stayed white

fish has coloured up so brightly tried takin pics but you can not see all the colours in the pics
so glad i bought this fish
its ate one of my sissor tail beta/ guppy thing lol

are they any other types of panchax

Most reactions

Back