Yayyyyyyyyyy Fry!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kayteegrima

Reaction score
Hey sorry i had to tell someone my husbands away!

just went to what i called the "preg tank" where i put all the fish that are preggers...

to give them a little food before bed,

saw something in the tank so thought there were snails, started gettin the snail stuff out and a net, turnt the light on to see what i was doing.. and there were about 30 little fish's swimming about,
whilst setting up a little tank for them to go into i have lost a few,

but i think i counted about 22 fry that iv just netted out..

but i think the fish is still going, as im clearing the tank leaving it 20 mins and keep finding a couple more? now to figure out which fish so it can go back in the normal tank! haha! as i have 8 in the preg tank!!

sorry to be a bore im just happy first lot of fry that have survived!!!!!!

any advice? ive got no clue what to feed the fry? or what im really doing?

I have loads of experience with guppies & fry. You can feed fry regular fish food. They will eat anything. For the clearness of your tank, I would do dry fish food so the water will not get too cloudy. Good the fry in the "pregger tank" until looking like a miniature guppy. This will ensure no one will be eaten. Some fry will die due to a weak immune system. Which is not your fault. Each batch of fry takes about 26-28 days to make & deliver from the mother's womb. When the female's gravid patch turns black or very very dark, it is very close to the end of her pregnancy. But when the birth opening appears it is less than 24 hours until delivery. But in my experience, a breeding tank is the best way to catch the fry when birth. When the fry is growing, if they are getting picked on when introduced to the big tank, it is not time yet for the permanent home. Hope this helps alot!!! :good:

Most reactions

Back