Wouldn't it be cool . . .

i would want a long 1000 gallon tank for cories only

with all species with each a school of 20 :D

or one large school of sterbai cories like school of 1000

Absolutely! Except I'd prefer it shallower, but longer, cos otherwise there wouldn't be enough oxygen at the bottom for them. And I'd have like fifty cory habrosus, and some flocks of others. :D *drools at the though*

I was actually considering that a few weeks ago I saw a 72gallon shallow tank and thought about maybe a 100 cories would be nice.

In the wild schools of corys have been found numbering in the thousands if not tens of thousands.

To even keep just one of every species of corydoras you would need a very very large tank, planet catfish alone lists over 180 known species and new previously undiscovered species are found almost daily.

When I said I'd have it shallower, that's cos I read the original post as 3' not 3" ...would be a bit hard to be shallower than 3" :blink:

CFC said:
In the wild schools of corys have been found numbering in the thousands if not tens of thousands...
Ahhhhh............ That must really be a fine sight to see. :thumbs:

CFC said:
In the wild schools of corys have been found numbering in the thousands if not tens of thousands.
Thanks for the info.

Wow... just...wow.

*books a vacation to coryland*

shallower than 3" would be . . . really shallow. :blink:

It'd definitely be impossible to make a tank with 1 of every species . . . anyway, I had no idea they schooled in the thousands . . . that's . . . insane . . .

I still think that the huge shallow tank with at least 50 of them would give us an idea of how they school wild. :D

I'd love to have 50 habrosus...or 50 pandas...that's going on my list of tanks I'll set up when I move out of my parents' house :D

Most reactions

Back