I'm new to the forum

Fishiemommie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here, but have been in the hobby for over 20 years. Started with a 40 tall cichlid tank. Then on to a 60 tall community tank, this one has been going for over 15 years. And a year and one month ago started another 60 long tank for shrimp, guppies, and for population control German blue rams. I have multiple cory cats in each tank (both tanks have had cory eggs and hatched babies that are anywhere from a year old to 3 months old.). The first tank pictured is the community tank with lots of water flow and filtration. The second tank has very little water movement and sponge filters only.
17130497047315380184829360694038.jpg
17130497578763666028792812787539.jpg

My biggest and best achievement have been in my first tank, German blue rams paired off (did not know I had a male and female) have laid thier first eggs, don't think I'll get fry this time, but fingers crossed for the future!!!!

Looking good. Is that stratum in the 2nd Pic? Don't forget about your trimmers lol

Lol, I am always in that tank with those. It's layered with small sand, and aquarium soil. There is some of my older tanks gravel under all that also. Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it, just need the plants to grow faster.

Lol, I am always in that tank with those. It's layered with small sand, and aquarium soil. There is some of my older tanks gravel under all that also. Thank you, I'm pretty happy with it, just need the plants to grow faster.

Are you using fertilizer? Stratum is on sale right now too at petco and petsmart half price

I do use fertilizer, or at least liquid aquarium plant food. I don't do it regularly. 😑 up until a bout 4 years ago i had really hard time with keeping plants alive. The fist tank pic is 4 years of focusing on the plants. The second was set up , at first, for plants. I will have to tell my son he setting up small 6 gallon, thank you.

Nice tanks
Our Tank of the Month contest starting at the end of April, will be for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. Hope you enter one of your tanks in the contest.

Welcome aboard... :hi:

Nice tanks
Our Tank of the Month contest starting at the end of April, will be for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. Hope you enter one of your tanks in the contest.
Thank you so much!!! I will have to do some cleaning, lol. But mabey I will.

Most reactions

Back