Would You Buy Shrimps Online ?

Brad.H

Reaction score
I have bought a few snails,clams and mussels from a ebay shop which i have had no problems with they were delivered safe and sound but now i was thinking about some cherry shrimps but i dont know whether it is safe or healthy for the shrimps what does everyone think ?

It depends. What type of catfish are we talking about here? :) You cant just say catfish and shrimp are not a no no without any mention of which species.....

And how are you feeding your clams and mussels?

What type of clams and mussels are they? :)

Also, for the shrimps buying online thing, I bought cherry shrimp from liveaquaria.com and they all did great. Not so sure about eBay though.

im not exactly sure what type my catfish is i iant good at remembering names all i know is it is white with loads of black spots ! anyone know what type ?

as the for the clams and mussels they are golden clams and golden mussels to feed them i crush snail pellets add them to a small amount of my tank water then squirt them next to them using a pipet

There's a lot of black catfish species with white spots, can you post a picture for an ID? :good:

Good about the clams and mussels, sounds like you did your research :).

i know some species of catfish can rip the bag and burst water all over, shrimps need something to hold onto while being sent, such as filter media or plant cuttings.
personally i hate knowing about animals being sent in the post, its ok transporting them by yourself from shop to home because you can see if they are ok, but being banged around in a box/bag cant be fun.

How do you think they get to your lfs? They spend much longer in transport than if they were being sent within the UK :good: .Buying fish online is perfectly safe if they are packaged properly.

i understand how they get to the fish shop, i cant stop that, but i can stop my fish being transported around for me, its a personal opinion, i dont expect you to follow it, just respect it, if its in my hands when moving it from store to homw, i know its ok, if i cant see it, it could be dead and i wouldnt know.past experiences have put me off.

i dont really want to explain it, but yeah a ebay seller
due to that, i always like to see what im buying for real, and know that if anything goes wrong, i can go back and find out.

ive bought a shrimp with came in a 5liter plastic tank whcih i have to send back
ive bought a plec which came in a bag which was in another bag which bauwas in another bag and so on ended up with billions a liters of water
ive bought a Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster 3 days ago and it came today in a medium box which was cool im posting a dairy of my Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster soon:D

I have bought cherry shrimp from gogosnails and another seller on ebay thats not longer registered.Both times they were absolutely fine.

Most reactions

Back