Would You Buy Shrimps Online ?

Luckily for me, cherry reds are a common LFS item here, so I'll never need to order them over the internet.

I've bought online before and it's generally fine as long as the seller packs them properly.

I have used gogosnails twice now but both times I've had deaths which I'm sure is down to inadequate packing. I won't risk them again. They used an ordinary cardboard box with newspaper as insulation, not good enough. A foam box (or box liner) and decent packing foam/straw/chips is the minimum I would think is safe. To compare, I also bought some shrimp from germany recently that took 5 days because DHL couldn't find me, the fools, and I had no deaths. That's down to proper packing and a heatpack.

I've bought online before and it's generally fine as long as the seller packs them properly.

I have used gogosnails twice now but both times I've had deaths which I'm sure is down to inadequate packing. I won't risk them again. They used an ordinary cardboard box with newspaper as insulation, not good enough. A foam box (or box liner) and decent packing foam/straw/chips is the minimum I would think is safe. To compare, I also bought some shrimp from germany recently that took 5 days because DHL couldn't find me, the fools, and I had no deaths. That's down to proper packing and a heatpack.

Is it worth buying from Germany?

Is it worth buying from Germany?

Depends if you can buy shrimp locally or not, I suppose. For me it was an easy choice as I rarely see anything other than RCS and even those aren't always in stock. I also speak basic German - my mum's german- so I don't find the language off-putting. Even better, I can usually persuade her to put in the order by phone, less hassle than this interweb tomfoolery. You mentioned in another thread they were always out of stock but I've never had that happen so it's been easy for me.

---

If I was ordering, I'd just call them. The number is on the bottom of the site. That avoids language problems and as far as I know all they all speak English. The guy who runs it, a Mr Teelman, certainly does.

There was another thread about this not too long ago:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=177785

By the way, if amphibians are of interest, maybe http://www.pollywog.co.uk has something?

Most reactions

Back