Would Anybody Mind If I Posted A Pic Of Dead Fish

julia298

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my 2 female dwarf gouramis suddenly aquired a bloody patch near anus last night.

She died today.

Could be an injury off a rock, but wondered if it could be anything else. She was fine one day then bloody patch the next.

Was the blood on top of the fish or beneath the skin, also check there is no red worms prutruding from the anus.

Not the writer of this information below.
Septicemia

Symptoms:

Fish may have reddening at fin bases, blood streaks throughout the fins and body, small hemorrhages around the eyes. Dull listless behavior and lack of appetite may also be present.

Cause:

Systemic bacterial infection caused by various bacteria, including Aeromonas, Pseudomonas and Vibrio. The illness is often brought on by poor water quality or as a result of parasitic infestations or other infections. These bacteria enter the blood stream and circulate through the tissues causing inflammation and damage. Inflamed blood vessels in the skin and at fin bases stand out. Blood vessel and heart tissue damage cause hemorrhaging and consequently leakage of body fluids into the abdomen, which may lead to Dropsy.

Treatment:

Water conditions must be improved for all fish in the tank, regardless of how many fish are infected. Check your water’s Treat with Kanacyn or Tetracycline as well as with a medicated food if the fish will eat. If parasites are suspected, all the fish in the tank should be treated with antiparasitic medication. Using salt to help restore osmotic balance might be helpful.

The blood appears to be on top of skin as its very bright red but cant be sure.

Cant see any worms, its right at the start of fin, not really sure.

The other female seemed to chase her a lot so maybe she knocked herself on a rock. One of them is a bit jagged so ive removed it now in case.

She could of had an injury then, when you add ornaments also make sure there are not sharp edges, that can rip the fish open, if there is just sand then down with sand paper till they are not sharp and cause damage to the fish.
How is the fish acting apart from that, can you issolate her.

She could of had an injury then, when you add ornaments also make sure there are not sharp edges, that can rip the fish open, if there is just sand then down with sand paper till they are not sharp and cause damage to the fish.
How is the fish acting apart from that, can you issolate her.

Found her dead when i came in. I just want to know what was wrong with her.

Sorry, R.I.P. for now i would say it could of been the ornament or septicemia, what are your water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate, and ph.

Sorry, R.I.P. for now i would say it could of been the ornament or septicemia, what are your water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate, and ph.

Ammonia,nitrite 0, pH 7.4, Nitrate 40.

This is pic of fish.

Can't make out the pic can you enlarge it, check the fish does it have any wound like a gash, has the skin been broken or scratched.

Dont know if this pic is going to be any better, im not a whizz with digital photography.

View attachment 32897

oh dear that was going a bit over the top with the enlarging...sorry!

will try again.

Ive no idea how this will come out so apologies in advance.

no i think i will give up now.

She looks quite bloody so I think it was an injury. Didnt think the rocks could be sharp enough that the fish would hurt themselves - some 'hospital' tank mine is. :-(

Rocks out now, i suppose we learn from our mistakes.

thanks for replies

Bless her i would go with injury, i would recommend a few daily water changes on the tank, sorry for your loss.

To me it looks like injury also however keep a very close eye on the tank, more symptoms of this and behaviour of the fish, remove the rock in which you think it may have caused the accident on.
Sorry for your loss

Most reactions

Back