wot do u think

wolfiek9

Reaction score
im thinking of trying to do a tropical pond so any info on doing this would b gr8 ty :D

:hi:

where do you live and what is the size of the pond you are willing to do? Also, what are the parameters of your tap water. Ph, hardness etc?

Those would help us give you the info on the best set up that you could have.

as far as size i have lots of room i live in the uk and the ph is quite good

yes i would have to bild a some sort of enclosure over it and heat it

so it would essentiall be almost like a greenhouse over the 'pond', so you could regulate the temperature inside the housing as well as the water. I'd image it would be a pretty expensive project, and expensive to run.

Given the effort and equipment, can't see that it would be a problem, although I'm talking more from a technology point of view. Is money (within reason) really an issue for you?

Nik

cost and space is a big issue here, for starters a good size pond will cost about £4-5000 to make, then you have to filter it, to deal with tropical needs your going to HAVE to use 1 of the hugely expensive koi filters which work out at around £3000 then you would want a big powerful pump, probable a sequence one which are about £500, i don't have clue how much heating equipment would cost lets call it £100. then depending on the size of heaters etc it's probable going to cost about £100 a month to run, plus food for the huge fish it would house!!

and don't forget the shelter for it. ££??

that is alot of money for some big fish that will eat you out of house and home!!

Most reactions

Back