wood stand raincoat-varnish?

shuhu

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning on building a stand for a 75Gal tank, I currently have problems because of small water spills over the wooden surface the tank is located at. Even though this surface has varnish, you can see some spots were water has been spilled in really small quantities within a period of 2-3 months. This is mostly were the bottom plastic rim touches the wooden surface.

So I want to avoid this with the new stand, what do you guys use?? ... regular varnish?? ...more coats??? ...a special varnish???

:crazy:

Also, how tall do you guys usually build the stand???? like a regular/standard height ???

yea, you're right

if it's not too expensive over there, it probably wont be such a huge difference over here (I hope) :)

a show 75 stand is usually 32-34 inches i prefer 34 due to the improved display of the fish but its up 2 u

asdf said:
a show 75 stand is usually 32-34 inches i prefer 34 due to the improved display of the fish but its up 2 u
[snapback]902771[/snapback]​
thanks, I havent even made the stand yet (too busy at school :/ ), and will probably take me another month or more to get it started. So I still have time to think about the right height for me. :)

Most reactions

Back