Won fish on Aquabid yay!

hm...yea I would agree that the pet store females are much more "plain" looking..tend to be very similar to one another in color and tail style..If you check out my thread on the sosority tank..you could see the 2 females from the petstore look alike and are from 2 different pet shops..I still love em'...cute little mamas..LOL but I admit they aren't as fancy as maybe ones you'll see on aquabid ect..Although there are exceptions..Keep your eye open you never know if your petstore will get some unique ones in..and truth be told..although the petstore females may not be as "fancy" they do differ in their coloring(maybe not much-but some) and have great personalities too :D

Thanks for the compliment Platy :D

and last but not least the triband female :)

Attachments

• Captured_2005_9_9_00009.jpg
    Captured_2005_9_9_00009.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 24
And here they are all in the same picture and still in their bags..LOL when I first opened the box :)

Attachments

• Captured_2005_9_9_00000.jpg
    Captured_2005_9_9_00000.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 29
cute fish :wub:

I think your triband is a delta, although you won't really know for sure unless he flared, he may be a hm in disquise :shifty:

cool :D Hes busy creating this bubblenest..I guess he's happy :) I just finsihed feeding them..One of my petstore females seems very plump..maybe I've been feeding her too much..she seemed to have a hard time swimming right underneath the food to get it although it doesnt stop her from eating..so I think imma fast her a day..I'm thinking of maybe switching food..Ive always fed my bettas Nutrafix-Betta Food-ingredients: freeze dried red grubs...Bruce, Freddy, Spikey have thrived on it..and are doing very well..since I've had Bruce(back last March) hes grown and is very healthy..but maybe some fish aren't the same? Do you guys think I should switch betta food?

I'll try andf take some pics of them flaring a little later on..ill give them some time to digest their food..lol :D

Heres his little bubblenest..lol I'm a little camera crazy today :lol:

Attachments

• Captured_2005_9_9_00043.jpg
    Captured_2005_9_9_00043.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25
and i couldn't help it..had to post this pic too..LOL thought he looked so cute :wub:

Attachments

• Captured_2005_9_9_00045.jpg
    Captured_2005_9_9_00045.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 21
Those bettas are really, really pretty. Congratulations! :cool:

thanks :D I have to do water tank changes today so maybe later on I can take some nice pics of them flaring :) :wub:

ok, well I started my mission to take a decent pic of em' flaring..and wouldn't you know uit my digital died on me..ugghhh...but I did manage to take a few b4 it died..yay! :lol: Here's my Rosetail Male(still without a name) lol flaring after I hold up a mirror to his tank..He kept swimming so fast it was hard to get him to stay still and flare..:)

Attachments

• Captured_2005_9_10_00009.jpg
    Captured_2005_9_10_00009.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 28
Hi bxbettas :)

Your new bettas are lovely! :wub: Congratulations and best of luck with them.

Thanks guys :D I Love em' so much and am noticing their different personalities :wub: ..Like the Triband Male-that I named Lancelot seems to be shy and get easily scared..poor baby..He's currently in a mini-bow 2.5 gallons by the entrance to my house since all my other tanks are on this table in my living room and on the bottom shelf of a built in bookcase in my house..I'll see if I post pics so u guys see what I mean :) They all seem happy enough..although I wonder if Lancelot feels a little lonely..luckily my computer desk is a few feet away from him so I'll wave at him and he seems to like the interaction..I feel bad b/c when I do turn on his minibow light in the morning he seems to get scared and hide in the plant I have in there with him..I think its the loud click sound..He's still working on that massive bubblenest which is a good sign :)..LOL As for the others, they seem happy...I think the Triband female is going to give one of my petstore females a run for the alpha postion once I put them into the sorority this week(I should be getting my tank later on today!! Yay!) Which then means I can elimate empty tanks and put 3 tanks(including lanclot in my built in bookcase) :) Thanks again guys :p Take Care all and have a great day..Maybe I'l;l post some more pics later on...gotta get batteries for this camera ;) Take Care :)

Most reactions

Back