Will These Fish Fit My Tank

fishy wonders

Reaction score
hi

im getting a new tank h,38cm w,32cm d,32cm and i have decided i would like some guppies, neon tetras and some cherry barb i would like a mixture of a couple of breeds but i am not sure of what numbers will fit in my tank and live happily together also i would like to know what conditions tempatures etc they like to live in and whether i will need to get any special equitment to look after them

fishy wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherry barbs wont get along with those guys, to aggressive. sorry i don't know what size your tank is (i don't know how to read dimensions)

for guppies and neons temperature should be around the low 80/high 70's. I think there is a heater from tetra-fin that keeps those temps permanent. and if you can, tell us the gallons :good:

welcome to the forums! :)

cherry barbs wont get along with those guys, to aggressive. sorry i don't know what size your tank is (i don't know how to read dimensions)

for guppies and neons temperature should be around the low 80/high 70's. I think there is a heater from tetra-fin that keeps those temps permanent. and if you can, tell us the gallons :good:

welcome to the forums! :)

sorry about the dimensions but it was height 38cm, width 32cm and depth 32cm also do neon tetras get along with guppies or do cherry barbs get on with neon tetras. and please could you give me those tempatures in degrees in centigrade. also someone on here told me that i should get about 5 guppies or a group of cherry barbs i.e. 3 females and 1 male would either of these work in my tank and do they look pretty swimming also do you have any experience keeping them if yes are there any common problems i will have to address before i can get them for my tank.
fishy wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cherry barbs got on fine with my tetras, they use to swim around all the time together.

UPDATE In fact I had x1 neon x5 cherry barbs, there was no problems, I then bought x6 neons and still no problems, I would got for it.

9 UK gallons 10 US gallons

um i dont want to be rude but what do you mean 9uk gallons 10 us gallons because i don't know what you mean

My cherry barbs got on fine with my tetras, they use to swim around all the time together.

what size was your tank and how many do you suggest for my tank size h,38 w,32 d,32 also do you think i will be able to get a few of each in my tank

um i dont want to be rude but what do you mean 9uk gallons 10 us gallons because i don't know what you mean

what size was your tank and how many do you suggest for my tank size h,38 w,32 d,32 also do you think i will be able to get a few of each in my tank

I have the same size tank as you, my LFS recommended at least x5 cherry barbs, and I would recommend about the same neons, you then have space for guppies. Check out this site to get an idea on how many fish you can have http://www.aqadvisor.com/

i am not saying your wrong but i was told that guppies and cherry barbs and that i probably won't be able to keep that many fish because my tank is quite small

I have the same size tank as you, my LFS recommended at least x5 cherry barbs, and I would recommend about the same neons, you then have space for guppies. Check out this site to get an idea on how many fish you can have http://www.aqadvisor.com/

I just saw it written that cherry barbs were ok for a 5 gallon tank.

Under gravel filters are good, but a bit more work to clean the alage. If you want barbs take out the guppies totally. Barbs are fin nippers and guppy got beautiful fins which shouldn't be touched. And make sure to cycle your tank for about 2 weeks

Didn't even think to ask that, have you cycled the tank yet? Also, tetras, especially neons, should have a more mature tank, they often don't do so well in a newly cycled tank. Froms the sounds of it you may be a beginner, and honestly I don't know if I'd recommend an undergravel filter for you.

From what I read on cherry barbs you should try to have at least 1m/2f setup. Not sure on the temp, try looking them up in the fish index or google. You might have a hard time stocking everything you want with a smaller tank like this.

Didn't even think to ask that, have you cycled the tank yet? Also, tetras, especially neons, should have a more mature tank, they often don't do so well in a newly cycled tank. Froms the sounds of it you may be a beginner, and honestly I don't know if I'd recommend an undergravel filter for you.

From what I read on cherry barbs you should try to have at least 1m/2f setup. Not sure on the temp, try looking them up in the fish index or google. You might have a hard time stocking everything you want with a smaller tank like this.

i haven't got my tank but i wanted to work out what fish i am having so i can find out if i need any special equipment to keep them

Most reactions

Back