Will These Fish Eat Shrimp?

jkilby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have got my tank up and running now and I am happy with how everything is looking and running. I am now in the process of adding those fishy friends to their new home. I am interested in shrimp, but do not want to add them if they will immediately be looked at as a food source. Current/future inhabitants are tetras, guppys, corys, Khuli & Borneo sucker loach, Killifish, red tailed black shark & a male betta, I already have some assassin snails doing their thing. Will any of these fish want to eat shrimp, or would they be safe?

i'd imagine the shark certainly would, the betta may or may not depends on the individual, i can't see him and the shark getting on too well though

Ive had shrimp with Guppies, Red Tail Shark, And Silver Dollars and there was never a problem at all other than the shrimp wanting to go in the cave the shark spent most its time in

I'd rethink the RTBS and the Betta. I'd probably take the shark out completely.

I wasn't sure about both, whether they would get on, my only memory of the two in one tank was my father had one when I was little and they seemed ok in the tank together, but that was a long time ago and my memory isn't great. Would Shrimp be ok with the snails, as I know that assassin snails do eat other snails.

Most reactions

Back