Will 1 Male Betta Be Ok In A 35 Litre Tank?

bubble87

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have a 35 litre tank that i am cycling and i want just 1 male betta.
will it be ok in there on his own???

He'll do great in there. Why not add some more fish to keep him company? For example some Pygmy Cories or maybe some shrimp? Pending on your Betta's attitude. If you buy them at once, should be okay.

James.

This topic came at just the right time for me, as I was going to start one. I've seen some really beautiful Male Bettas at my local garden centre. I've been thinking for ages that I'd like to keep one, but just haven't had the money spare for a tank and all the 'extras'. Now I've seen a small tank (think it was 25 litres) with everything included (heater, pump, filer, gravel etc etc) at a very reasonable price. Will this size also be OK for 1 Male Betta and perhaps some small fish? I have always thought that I'd like to keep a shrimp. I also have snails in my larger tank, but I don't think there's any point putting them in my brand new tank.

This topic came at just the right time for me, as I was going to start one. I've seen some really beautiful Male Bettas at my local garden centre. I've been thinking for ages that I'd like to keep one, but just haven't had the money spare for a tank and all the 'extras'. Now I've seen a small tank (think it was 25 litres) with everything included (heater, pump, filer, gravel etc etc) at a very reasonable price. Will this size also be OK for 1 Male Betta and perhaps some small fish? I have always thought that I'd like to keep a shrimp. I also have snails in my larger tank, but I don't think there's any point putting them in my brand new tank.

That size tank, nicely filtered, will be heaven for the Betta. Just make sure the filter doesn't produce too much current.

now this is thread I like seeing!!

a lovely sized tank for a betta...not a cup/vase/"betta bowl" haha

would love to see pictures of your tanks once you get them set up Bubble87 and LiamC :hyper:

im trying to add a pic of my tank but i dont know how???????????

Nice to hear one betta who is gonna have a nice home..whenever I think of that fish, I see the ridiculous square vases sitting on a restaurant table with one in! I always want to hide them in my jacket and bring them home!

Nice to see a pic when you can ;)

Most reactions

Back