Betta tank size advice

Check out the video at the bottom of the following link to see how Betta splendens are kept at fish farms in Asia.
That certainly shows they can survive in a tiny container. But why would anyone who keeps a betta as a pet doesn’t provide it a decent space to swim is beyond me. They are one of the most inquisitive fish when kept in a planted tank with appropriate substrate and with room to swim.

Watched the video, it appears as if they are only refilling the bottles I didn’t see a provision for water charges… just may not have shown that??? I didn’t understand the bulk of the audio, so they must breed them in the big tanks, and raise them individually in the bottles???

Watched the video, it appears as if they are only refilling the bottles I didn’t see a provision for water charges… just may not have shown that??? I didn’t understand the bulk of the audio, so they must breed them in the big tanks, and raise them individually in the bottles???
I think what they are injecting into each container is food, probably mosquito larvae. They are bred in the large tanks and raised in same large tanks until they grow a bit bigger. Then placed in individual containers before they mature and start to fight.
A reasonable size tank is needed to breed bettas or the female will be killed.

Yeah breed them in small containers, put the fry into vats of algae and then move the males into little bottles to grow.

I'm not sure I could walk across those bottle tho.

I watched my Betta for about an hour this morning, he was in every area of the tank, swam the length of the tank several times, behind the heater, around the filter, he even poked his nose in the pleccy cave and came out again.

Most reactions

Back