Why I love bettas

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
There's so many things I love about bettas. I think mainly because they're just like little people. They're all different, no two are identical.They have such rich history. I really,really love their badass attitudes though,the way they kinda like to be near each other yet demand their own territory and crave to know they're the best. So much in such a little fish :wub:

So...your turn :p why such a betta obsession?

I like them for almost the same reason you do wuv. It's just 1 tiny fish and in most cases all alone in a tank, yet their personality is far from tiny. Each one is unique and that is what makes them special and a pet. Other people might not name their fish, but it's hard not to name a betta.

I :wub: bettas!

Such a small fish with such a big personality! I love bettas for pretty much the same reasons as you do, wuv. They are so great, I wouldn't trade my bettas for anything and a bunch of you see have heard me marvel over all the bettas on AquaBid and pouting over them because I can't have them. :p I love how they flare at each other or their reflection, and how full of personality they really are.

They're beautiful fish. :nod:

They also crack me up. One of my males always flares at me when I go up to his bowl. It's like he's saying "feed me, or feel my wrath!" :wub:

Plus, the fact that they don't require such a large tank.

BTW, you people got me addicted! :lol:

I love the way my betta has so much personality. When I peer my head over his tank at work, he swims up to the waters edge and stares back at me. Sometimes he will flare at me and pretend he's the king and I'm just his servent who feeds him. He's so adorable. I want more! :wub:

The unique personalities of each one. One of mine is a scaredy cat who tries to show he's tough by biting me :flex: , one follows me around, and my little girl gives me kisses. :wub:

I love how different each one is! The have a huge personality, they are like cichlids in a little body. Pllus no two bettas are ever exactly alike in looks or personality. I have some bettas like Levi and Oliver, that I feel like I could pull out and cuddle and then others, like Thor, Atticus, and Beam that I'd start running if I saw them coming! :flex:

I love my bettas :wub:

I love bettas because each one has a completely different personality. You will never find two bettas that are alike. I also love their colors...they are like tiny jewels and each one is different in this regard too. :wub:

There's more reasons, but my brain is fried right now cause I'm at work. lol!

I love my bettas because they are the perfect companion fish for my cory tanks. :thumbs:

My corys live on the bottom and they live on the top. Well....that's how it's supposed to be, anyway. More often than not, they are on the bottom with the corys, following them around and watching everything they do. They even go into the cory's caves with them. :nod:

For fish that are so aggressive with their own kind, they are gentle as lambs with the corys. :D

i love bettas and i love my bettas becuase, they are colorful, cute looking, likes it when i give them black worms umm... they are very popular :)

I love Bettas because they are gorgeous :wub:
I love Bettas because they are fiesty
I love Bettas because when they flare, they look like dragons
I love Bettas because they are fairly simple to care for
I love Bettas because they stalk/attack their food
And finally, I love MY Bettas because they love me!

Because you walk up to them and they make that face.
<~~~~~~~~~~~

Most reactions

Back