Whitespot Treated Tank

TropicalLeeTracy

Reaction score
:sick: Hi All,
I have a poorly tank and was wondering if i could get some advice from the professionals on here. I have done some tests today and they are as follows:

Ph = 7.0
Ammonia = 0.5
Nitrate = 0 ppm
Nitrite = 0 ppm

I treated the fish tank yesterday for white spot and have noticed it seems worse today. I have removed the carbon from the filter before the treatment and was wondering if there is anything else i am doing wrong or could do as i don't want to loose anymore fish.
:sick:

How many gallons or litres is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
You have an ammonia reading is that after adding the med.
Have you turned temp up to 30 and increased aeration in the tank.
What med are you using.

How many gallons or litres is the tank.
How many fish and which type.
You have an ammonia reading is that after adding the med.
Have you turned temp up to 30 and increased aeration in the tank.
What med are you using.
Hi, Thankyou for replying. It is a 24 gallon tank. 36"x15"x18".
I have 8 neon tetras - 2 guppies - 3 kissing gouramis - 1 goldfish - 2 plecs at 2".
All the readings were done tonight and i added the medication yesterday. the temperature is at 80'f or 27'c.
The medication i used was interpet anti white spot plus.
When i went to the local pet aquarium today i got a full testing kit and while i was there got some " waterlife Protozin - treatment for whitespot fungus neon tetra disease velvet & costiasis" i also got some stress coat, but haven't done nothing with either of them yet. I have not altered the temperature of the heater which is set at 22.
Many Thanks
Lee

With the goldfish in the tank its overstocked, no good to keep tropical and coldwater fish together.
Sounds like your filter not coping with the goldfish if you have an ammonia reading.
Do a water change and add the med if the fish look like there been sprinkled in salt.
Turn temp up to 30.

With the goldfish in the tank its overstocked, no good to keep tropical and coldwater fish together.
Sounds like your filter not coping with the goldfish if you have an ammonia reading.
Do a water change and add the med if the fish look like there been sprinkled in salt.
Turn temp up to 30.
Hi Thanks for that. Will take the goldfish out and put it back in the goldfish bowl. Turn the temp up until whitespot has gone? How much of a water change would you say.?

I would leave the goldfish in the tank as he will have whitespot too.
Don't put him in the bowl it's cruel no room to move and they soon get polluted up in aday as they are massive waste producers.
I would find a pond for him, he can be added to a pond in march.
20% water change.

Turn temp up gradually.
Good luck.

Turn temp up gradually.
Good luck.

Hi, Thanks for helping me and the quick response. I have turned the temp up 2 degrees and i am doing a water change and treat the whitespot again. do i treat the whitespot as a full tank or just for the amount of water change as i only treated them yesterday but they are worse today.
Thanks again

Just add the correct amount of med back to the water removed.

Just add the correct amount of med back to the water removed.
Hi,
Just done all you have said and i will hopefully have good news in the next few days. I will keep you posted and thankyou for the good advice. Have a good new year and all the best for 2007
Lee

Ok good luck, and happy new year to you as well.

Most reactions

Back