White Spots Doubt

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Glad to hear that he has improved! Lets just hope it doesn't come back!

Keep up with the daily water changes and hopefully he'll stay healthy!

Is the tank 2L or 20L?  This makes a big difference.  Also check the temperature of the tank water.  It needs to stay at least 78F (25C) on a constant basis and not waver up and down.  If it does not stay that warm at all times or if the temperature wavers - you need a heater.  A filter is not required but you do need to be doing more water changes than once a week.  Once a week water changes is only good if you have a cycled tank which requires a running filter.  Depending on the size of the tank (2L or 20L) you should be doing 100% water changes at the most every other day.  If your tank is actually 2L then you need to be doing twice daily 100% water changes to make sure his water stays somewhat clean.

In the end, I just discovered it was not fungus. Schatten hurt himself on the stones that I put in the bottom of the tank. I took them off and bought an anti-fungus remedy just to prevent the wound to get infected and to help it to heal. The white spot is the result of healing. I discovered that because when I was using the lantern of my cellphone and taking pictures with the flash, he got very stressed and smashed himself against the stones, and hurt himself again, in the same place, and today it is white again... So this is it.

Most reactions

Back