White Spot & Finrot

Well it doesnt really look like salt so much on the pleco and the other 3 guppies are clear of anything (except occasionaly rubbing on the sand).

Pelco doesnt rub though???

3 babies have died, not sure if its a disease orjust the way it goes.... Had deaths everytime i've bred guppies, birth defects?

1 of my guppys however(female) has a HUGE stomach, looks like shes going to pop/have babies today/tomorrow BUT doesnt have a gravid spot (or atleast its not very dark/big). Could this be another sign of illness?

Did a 10% water change.

If the fish is covered in small white spots it's only points to whitespot.
Also showing whitespot signs by flicking and rubbing.

Are the scales sticking out on the fish that bloated.
What do you feed the fish.
What does it look like when she goes to the toilet.
is her anus enlarged or red and inflamed.
Lost any fish to bent spines.
Does the guppy swim on here side.

This is a pic of whitespot. But the spots look bigger in the pic.

Attachments

• ich1.jpg
    ich1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 73
If the fish is covered in small white spots it's only points to whitespot.
Also showing whitespot signs by flicking and rubbing.

Are the scales sticking out on the fish that bloated. No
What do you feed the fish. Fish flakes (*multicoloured)
What does it look like when she goes to the toilet. Umm no idea yet
is her anus enlarged or red and inflamed. No
Lost any fish to bent spines. No, but another 2 babies died today.
Does the guppy swim on here side. Nah she swims fine, just like a pregnant guppy would really.

This is a pic of whitespot. But the spots look bigger in the pic.
Yeah those spots are huggeee. The guppys have no sign of white spots, the pleco has tiny dots on him white or grey its hard to tell really.

Whitespot can also look like greyish white spots.

Improve the fish diet with more frozen foods and veg.
Always research fish diet needs to make sure you are meeting there diet requirements.

The guppy did a poop, looked fine to me - Just red from the food.
Its no dropsy, did a 10% water change just to be on the safe side.

1 more baby has died, this is horrible :( Spine is bent now its died but none had/have bent spine so i guess its just the position he is in.

The pleco just looks like his skin is a bit peely? Imagine if humans had dry skin, it kind of looks like that.

Examine guppys with magnifying glass as they swam, no sign of any illness...nothing. Maybe im paranoid...but they definately did flick/rub so something must be up.

time like this i wish i had a black fish :(

Have you bought a whitespot med yet?

Was the little fry born with a bent spine?

R.I.P.

No no med yet, hopefully soon.

They were all born healthy and looked great. I've caught ill ones and put them in other breeding tank, maybe i can cut the death rates by seperating them or let them recover(doubtfull).

Sat and watched fish for about an hour, listed their activitys - So heres the report of my Red female, Red male, Yellow female, Pleco and babies....

Babies are dying
- Flicking/Rubbing on floor of breeding tank.
-Bent tail (upwards) \--o <head. Like that.
- Then they start swimming with tail in air as if they're head is heavy then eventually spinning and death.

Yellow female(Mummy to the babies) seems very aggressive today & is pecking at the tank/glue aswell as swimming up and down against it aswell as flicking.

Red female (Most recent addition to the tank) is still very fat, avoiding other fish as they're being mean to her and when it pooped it was very fine string at first then got really fat(i thought his intestine was hanging out at first!!) then just curled up and was red/about 1" long.
She also occasionally goes to the top of the tank and grabs some air/nibbles at the surface.

The red MALE is nipping & chasing both the females(Red & yellow females).

Pleco is shy/just hides when i come in the room (You'll turn the light on and see him fly underneath the wood to hide) but seemed to slowly come out cautiously to get food...then back into his hiding spot again. Very very shy as usual :(
His skin just looks like ours wood if we didnt put cream on it, has like little dots kinda looks a bit dry or as if sand is on him(Might be the case, but i doubt it).
Apart from that his appitite is great & dorsal fin has grown well since he has finrot so very pleased about that!

You need to buy an whitespot med fast. The fish will suffer if you don't treat.

Spinning fast can also be caused by parasites, Also internal parasites can cause spinning.

You need also by the sounds of it to treat for internal parasites.

You could really do with buying that med, not only will it save stressing the fish, it will stop the dying fish, from killing the hobby for you.
£4 now could save you £4+ later, its best when you have a disease or illness in the tank to nip it in the bud before it gets worse.

Yeah so do i go with interpret when they get it in, or is there a med for all these problems?

£4 each disease, so thats £8 - and the fish are worth maybe £4. Then chacne it wont work...

Almost seems cheaper to give them away to a quarenteened tank and start fresh :(

So ive looked at them again, all 3 guppys are grouped together following echother around and generally look like a drunk group of kids arguing and chasing eachother.

Its as if they're cold or something and huddling up lol? Ive never seen them do this before really.

Ive put peas in the tank, they pecked at them like footballs...quite amusing to watch!

The red female did more red poop, theres also quite alot of stringy poop floating around the tank now (Prob the pleco and guppys both!). So im suspecting internal bacteria now, also i noticed the Red female is slightly red where he "gravid spot" should be.

I thought she was pregnant but prob just bloated.

The babies are dropping like flys, 2 more in my "All healthy at the moment tank" are now swimming badly (swim bladder has gone, their head or tail is in the air/they cant keep balance). Theyre dying fast its horrible :(

The pleco came out tonight, hes breathing pretty rapidly?!

GOing to get my water tested ASAP and i've ordered some Anti bacteria intepret from Ebay.

We can only offer advice and it down to you then.
But if you are not willing to listen we can't help.

If the poo is red when feeding no red foods it sounds like internal parasites.
You need to treat the plec for whitespot.

Oops yeah ive ordered white spot for Pleccy also.

I definately think its internal parasites, the babies are just dying so fast and the first sign is they flick/rub then swim badly/lose bladder control.

Ive fed them crushed peas and will not feed them for the next 2 days to ensure its not constipation. Then ill feed, treat for internal parasites first??? then white spot after?

WHich order would you suggest, or can they both be added?

The poo is red, but food is also red. However the poo is also stringy and in some bases it just looks like a spider web(stringy) then goes to solid/healthy piece then back to stringy/spider web type string.

I would treat the whitespot first.

See if the peas clear the long stringy white poo up.
Red poo normal if you are feeding red foods.

Most reactions

Back