White Fluff In Tank.............

when my fish jumped in the filter, i believe he got shreaded and it happened when he was missing......... :unsure:

what is the cheapest proper camera can u buy.....???

Look in the classifieds for second hand if you want cheap

I suggest you spend money on liquid tests first if you haven't got any!
...........................................i hav to wait to buy it,i can't buy it now...............to make this easier for u....i can't drive

...........................................i hav to wait to buy it,i can't buy it now...............to make this easier for u....i can't drive

They deliver :)

Severe algae growth can be caused by excessive ammonia, hence needing a test kit to know if anything is up. At a guess your shredded fish will have rotted in the tank somewhat and created an ammonia spike too big for your current filtration to handle...?

They deliver :)

Severe algae growth can be caused by excessive ammonia, hence needing a test kit to know if anything is up. At a guess your shredded fish will have rotted in the tank somewhat and created an ammonia spike too big for your current filtration to handle...?
i think thats it because it stinks in thats tank and the filteration is really bad....i hav to clean it alot.....................strange thing is that my fish dont care about it...they eat it....

What does the tank water smell of. Can you describe it in detail please.

What does the tank water smell of. Can you describe it in detail please.
ok, the cloudy water problem is solved, but know 3 of my fish just died, one was a pregnet guppy, and the other two are platies male and female..........one died instantly....i mean belly up right in front of me like it had a heart attack :blink: , and the other two acted the same way(swirling in circles and free floating) but the male died quicker and i can't find the corydoras :/ , also the rest of the fish are in the corner at the top of the water except the male guppy, the male and female swordtails(they go up there sometimes) and the 5 frys(guppies)......they tend to play...i don't think they care :unsure: .......................whats going on?!!!! :shout:

Water changes and increase aeration.

Fish will die in bad water quality.

Also make sure your tank water dosn't smell of rotten eggs or sulphur.

Water changes and increase aeration.

Fish will die in bad water quality.

Also make sure your tank water dosn't smell of rotten eggs or sulphur.
ok, another fish just died and im going crazy.................so r u saying that i need to change the water again(the last time i changed it, wasss.......2 weeks ago..........)..............oh! my tank does smell bad........but it smells better than before.........i know the ph is normal, but the rest idk......another thing that concerns me is that when i turn the light on, the fish goes to the top of the water and the temperature of the water goes up...but when i turn it off the fish swims normally excert the male who isn't chasing the female which is odd because he use to do that all the time and know he is swimming the same spot all day(not at the top of the water). there is one more thing that is really odd is that when i turn the air pump on, i creates a lot of bubbles that covers the whole tank........*sigh*.....i need help.....

Your filter can't be working well if your tank fills with bubbles from an air pump...sounds like very poor circulation to me, how long has it been since you started running it? When was the last time you cleaned it?

I think general fish tank maintenance is required before you lose a lot more fish, do you know what your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are yet? I suspect these will be through the roof levels and will highlight the need for daily water changes, and a good tidy up of the tanks substrate, filter etc. Keep the daily water changing going until the levels are good...

Your filter can't be working well if your tank fills with bubbles from an air pump...sounds like very poor circulation to me, how long has it been since you started running it? When was the last time you cleaned it?

I think general fish tank maintenance is required before you lose a lot more fish, do you know what your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are yet? I suspect these will be through the roof levels and will highlight the need for daily water changes, and a good tidy up of the tanks substrate, filter etc. Keep the daily water changing going until the levels are good...
it's been 1 1/2 months since i started the tank................ill try changing the water till its bac to normal.......

it's been 1 1/2 months since i started the tank................ill try changing the water till its bac to normal.......

So it's far from mature, I would imagine you've gone through a mini cycle, you need a test kit
good.gif

Water changes.

During warmer weather

During warm weather you increase aeration with the temp going up.
Don't switch the heater off.
Unstable temp can cause desease and stress.

What is the temp of the tank?
Also get water tested.

ok, i tested the water and the ph is...(man i was off......).....7.5........is that good because i know livebearers r suppose to be in 7.0-7.2........ and im holding it now

p.s. i got my supply today *dance*

Most reactions

Back