Which Should I Go For?

which one?

• Jewul rio 240

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Juwel rio 300

• Another similar sized tank (please let me know what)

• Total voters

jim566

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
after 6 years i've decided to upgrade from my Rio 180 and as i've had no trouble with that thought i would stick with the same brand. Personal experiance greatfully received

Go as big as you can!! if it fits and looks ok. a tank is a tank if its built right so you might want to look around.

Absolutely, buy as big a tank as you can afford or have space for.

Biggest tank you can get!Juwel tanks are not very good tbh.Custom made ones are best, or a big Rena one!

I like the Juwel range as it fits with the decor of the room so thats my real reason for sticking with it. But if someone can give me hard evidence there no good i'll listen.

Basically i need a tank and stand to fit this space 121lx50dx150h

why dont u get one made to that size? try ac aquatics- just got a 3ft breeding tank from there

my partner is getting a rena 200 x 50 x 71 next week for his birthday cant wait even the oscars have started to get excited about their new home!! lol

I've had Juwel tanks for years with no problems. I'd recommend them to anyone. :good:

Go for the Vision 450, it's a beast!! :good:

I love the Rena tanks, so much so that we have 3 of them. They look great and we've never had any problems with ours.

The thing is with juwels the filters arn't exactly great, they stick out like a saw thumb...The brace bars commonly break and they're not as stylish as the rena tanks. :/

I've a Juwel tank and really like it.
The filter in mine is great for waht I need - big volume of media, sensible rate of turnover, and as I've a black background to my tank with some plants etc it "disappears" into the background pretty well. I guess it depends on how you intend to decorate the tank though.
Depends what you're looking for I s'pose - the lower turnover rate is good for my discus as they don't like fast-flowing water, and I don't want super-bright lights (again, because of the discus!).
IMO for the cost of them they're a good buy. I'm sure Rena /otehr manufacturers' tanks are just as good though...

Most reactions

Back