Which Cichlids to Choose?

one thing i find confusing is, if the fish have been raised in captivity, i.e. bred for generations in a tank and not in south america or african lakes, wont they do well as long as the tank parameters are the same they've been raised in? (i live on the other side of the world, the fish come local, bred in tanks)

one thing i find confusing is, if the fish have been raised in captivity, i.e. bred for generations in a tank and not in south america or african lakes, wont they do well as long as the tank parameters are the same they've been raised in? (i live on the other side of the world, the fish come local, bred in tanks)
I feel the same, the best bet is asking the supplier for their tank water test results etc and trying to get our tank water closer to that.. a huge misconception is that fish can only survive and thrive in exact water conditions as they would have in the wild when in reality these fish would die if they were put in the conditions. So you are right, it is best to have the same conditions as the tanks they were bred in or raised in :)

Most reactions

Back