Where To Go - West Yorkshire

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Me and my Boyfriend have decided to go fish shopping on Sunday.
Not sure where to go though, My boyfriend has said he will drive me
to one but I need to pick one to go to.
Wanting somthing 30-45 mins drive away, We live in Bradford.

We are wanting tropical fishies.

Anyone reccomend any stores we could go to?

Thanks!

QSS up wakefield road is by far the best shop in our area there is also paws for thoughts in leeds but i would deffinatly vote QSS so much knowledge and a wide variety of fish.

Your options are: Pets at Home in town, ACW (garden centre) also in town, Tong Garden Centre, Petsmart (by Canon Mills), QSS on Wakefield Rd, there's also a place on Cooper Lane in Buttershaw.

I have only bought fish from Pets at Home and QSS though so have no idea what the other places are like...

if you don't mind going a bit further, there's a place called Maidenhead Aquatics in York, it's in Wyevale garden centre on the A59 at Poppleton.
we've bought all our tropical fish from there for the past year and they are all healthy - none have died, they are also very knowledgeable about what fish can live with others and how many you can comfortably fit in a tank.

ferrybridge aquatics in knottingly ftw :)

You should come to meeeeeeeeeeeee at woodford

lol even though its about an hour away

but still :)

ferrybridge aquatics in knottingly ftw :)

QFT! Ferrybridge is run by a well known fishkeeper who has many years of experience and has won many awards including fish of fishes!

Good shop and some lovely fish.

If you're looking to travel a bit fruther wharf aquatics and viscum are good choices, big places and wharf WILL leave a lasting impression on you!

I use Swish fish in scholes, simon knows his fish and loves plecs. he has a website so google him.

Hmm I can probs get my bf to drive for 45 mins each way?
Emma you know I'm coming to see you of course!!!! hehe.

I know he's wanting to buy some nice Tetras!

Come to me at Calder Valley aquatics in sowerby bridge halifax, we stock some nice varied tetras :good:

If you go tomoro i'm working, im the little blond with the piercings ;)

Andrew Shepherd at QSS Wakefield Rd. Bradford has always been regarded as the best around. Fish are always in good health and the staff are very knowledgeable. been around for eons this shop and prides itself on keeping good quality fish.
http://www.qssaquarium.com/Profile.aspx
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

Back