Where To Get Otos

haich

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all since redoing my tank to a planted tank im after an algae eater i had a plec which decimated my amazon swords so i am after a couple of ottos have been to a couple of my lfs's but to no avail does anyone know where i can get hold of some

cheers howard

ive been finding very little stores stocking them right now, could it be the time of year?

well i was speaking to one chap in maidenhead he said they are always on thier lists but they never come in i might give pier a try later in the week

yes nottingham a tad to far im afraid breezer

i will find some somewhere

cheers all howard

I actually saw a load the other day, and seeing as I only went to two LFS on Friday it should be easy to track them down.

It was either Pier Aquatics at Wigan, or BAS in Bolton. I have a feeling it was BAS, and they had a lot as well.

It's it any help (doubtful, looking at most of your locations) Northlakes aquatics at Penrith usually has a good stock of all kinds of cats, including oto's, also, Gizza fish at Ulverston also usually has them in stock. They have on occasion, been in kent st Aquatics in Barrow as well.

cheers all for that i think out of them all wigans about the closest so shall go see them this week

thanks again howard

I've got some otos at the beginning of the year for my 180l tank and found practically every lfs in nottingham had them so i was spoilt for choice. However, i've been looking for a few to go into my 34l tank as they are so good at cleaning my other tank but cannot find them anywhere near here now. i've rang round my usual lfs here in nottingham for the past month or so and they've mentioned that apparently there is a problem at the farm where they are bred so not sure if this is the same problem you are having.

Most reactions

Back