Where To Buy Fish Online

PiranhaGirl

Reaction score
I live in an area that has literally two places you can buy fish. Both (insert common pet store chain) have dead fish at any point in time in their tanks and I'm just plain sick of walking in there. So my question is... are there any reputable places where I can buy my fish online? Also, I love my neon tetras, but I notice they aren't ever very healthy I'm constantly having problems with them. Is this a common problem?... of just a common problem with tetras bought from (insert common pet store chain)?

Neon tetras Always have issues, So yea it's common.

As for online, No idea.

Freshwater.... aside from that specific I don't have much else. We are still kind of researching.

LiveAquaria.com seems to have an interesting mix of fish.  I've never ordered fish from them but I do buy some supplies from their affiliate store.

If nothing else, you can look for fish that you like online and then search your local pet stores for that particular type of fish.

Liveaquaria is a great source.  A friend of mine has bought COUNTLESS things from them for his saltwater tank, and they are the source for the acclimation guide listed in my sig!  They are a great online source, and far more reputable than ebay or aquabid.

Another option is thatpetplace.com.  I've never ordered anything from them online, but I have bought fish and plants from their brick and mortar store.  They have immaculate tanks and their stock are well-cared for. 

I don't think you'd be going wrong with either option.  The shipping is a little pricey, but they stand behind their fish.  

I've bought a few times from the Wet Spot. All the fish I have received have been healthy, no DOAs, nor in the weeks following.  I would strongly recommend them.

Live Aquaria or that fish place.  I never used either for ordering online (i live local to TFP so i can just drive there and pick up what I need)...  I've heard good things from Live Aquaria, and the customer service is extremely helpful in the event of a dead fish or missed product, I'd use them first and then look into TFP.

Well, if you end up wanting German Blue or Electric Blue Rams, I'm you're gal!  Julii Cory Cats too...I sell wholesale to the public and pet stores alike.
yes.gif

Re: your Neons, I have heard that the Green Neon is hardier, but not tried them myself.  Also, I tend to go for the Cardinals as they are brighter than the Neon.

Have a look on aquarist classified, do a search for your county and see what's for sale locally. I have bought loads from local breeders and the quality has been excellent and so has the price.

hilly81 said:
Have a look on aquarist classified, do a search for your county and see what's for sale locally. I have bought loads from local breeders and the quality has been excellent and so has the price.

The OP is based in the US, so Aquarist Classified is a non-starter.

Aquabid is the only online seller (kindof) that I know of in the States.

Re: RCA,

While green neon tetras, Paracheirodon simulans, are more hardy, they are also smaller, only half the size as they max out at one inch, and require more acidic water to really thrive. But they are lovely; they are what I keep.

Most reactions

Back