Where To Buy Fish Online

MissLori said:
Well, if you end up wanting German Blue or Electric Blue Rams, I'm you're gal!  Julii Cory Cats too...I sell wholesale to the public and pet stores alike.
yes.gif

Are these true julii, or are these C. leopardus or C. trillineatus?

They look like C. trillineatus...

I am currently looking to get some trillineatus.   If I can get confirmation that these are 3-lines, I may be in contact regarding buying a few from you.  Please PM me with your pricing.

In South Carolina I, too, am mostly limited to the big chain pet stores for freshwater stocks.  It can get frustrating to track down alternatives.  I have had people recommend aquabid, but have not tried them yet. If you decide to go with any shrimp, and not able to find locally, take a look at theshrimpfarm.  A few years back I ordered a batch of Cherry Shrimp, and they were well packed and arrived alive. 

Regarding Neon Tetras, I have had nothing but good luck with them, and they were purchased from the big chain stores.  I find that they live for years without any trouble.  I guess I'm just lucky.  

Gvilleguy said:
In South Carolina I, too, am mostly limited to the big chain pet stores for freshwater stocks.  It can get frustrating to track down alternatives.  I have had people recommend aquabid, but have not tried them yet. If you decide to go with any shrimp, and not able to find locally, take a look at theshrimpfarm.  A few years back I ordered a batch of Cherry Shrimp, and they were well packed and arrived alive. 

Regarding Neon Tetras, I have had nothing but good luck with them, and they were purchased from the big chain stores.  I find that they live for years without any trouble.  I guess I'm just lucky.  

Hopefully we will be moving in the next year or so and it won't be much of an issue. Right now I am nursing three out of the five neon tetras I bought back to health. They are all in a quarantine tank for ich along with my new dwarf Gourami. LFS put them all in the same bag,
no.gif
 so i figured it was best to treat everyone. I'm happy I quarantined them and they didn't go into my new tank. They all seem to be doing well now, but still have another couple days of treatment. 

Needless to say all were purchased from the local chain pet store. I literally have two options where i'm at, local chain pet store A and local chain pet store B. 

Thanks for all the suggestions, I appreciate everyones input!

Over the years I have bought many 100s of fish. Almost none of these were purchased from a store- either a local or a chain. I have bought from breeders, from smaller scale importers or from hobbyists looking to move something out to be replaced by something else. The shipping system in the states for moving fish is pretty good,

The real trick is finding out who are the good sellers vs those who are not.

I agree wholeheartedly with the last line.  The thing to remember though is that just because a store is part of a chain, doesn't mean that it will automatically be good or bad.  And the same is true of independent shops.  Each store source needs to be investigated individually.

We have two Petcos, and two Petsmarts, and the quality of stock and tank maintenance varies from store to store, AND it changes within each store at times. I normally try to get to each store periodically just to see how their tanks are looking, along with fish stocks. A lot of times the fish that they offer changes up, and you find some nice surprises. At Petsmart this week I found male Endlers, and that's the first time I've seen them in my town in either chain. They had six Endlers and I bought them all!

Most reactions

Back